For You

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anaya

I was nervous as I waited for Faiz to come out. 

Kiran had dropped me off and had left, and I paced the car parking as I waited for him. A few minutes passed by after the phone call and I started wondering why it was taking him so long.

The envelope was safely tucked away in my purse, and I had already checked three times to ensure that it was still there. I'm very protective when it comes to important documents, and what is more important than a passport?

"Anaya!" 

I turned and saw Faiz walking towards me, taking long strides, his face etched with concern. 

"Where have you been? Are you okay?" He asked.

"I have news." I said, tonelessly.

"What news?" Realisation seemed to dawn on him almost immediately. "Is it to do with your visa?!" 

I nodded.

"Well? What is it?" He looked anxious.

I took out the envelope from the bag and held it out for him.

"You're creating unnecessary suspense, Anaya." He said, taking the envelope and pulling out the passport. As he did so, a card slipped out and fell to the floor. He bent down and picked it up, and froze as he realised what it was. Straightening up after a few seconds, he looked at me. "Is this...?" 

"My biometric residence card for a spouse visa?" I finished for him. "Yes, Faiz. Yes it is. You're officially holding my visa in the form of that card!" 

A huge grin broke across his tense expression, and he began to reach forward to pull me into his arms, but he seemed to realise that we were in Pakistan and it was inappropriate to huge so publicly. "Congratulations! Bloody hell, you sneaky girl. You didn't say a word to me!"

"Congratulations to you too." I smiled back, taking his hand in mine.

We stared at each other, completely mesmerised. 

"I'm so, so happy today that I cannot even tell you." All his worries and stress seemed to have disappeared. "Finally, I can forget my problems temporarily."

Together, we began to walk towards the hotel.

"I thought it was definitely going to be a no." I mumbled under my breath. "It came too early." 

"Why aren't we humans ever completely satisfied? When things take their time, we complain, and when they happen early, we get paranoid." He chuckled. "This is how it was written. This is how it was meant to happen. Just accept that and you'll never doubt anything again." 

"True." I looked up at him. "When did you become so wise?" 

"I was born wise, babe." 

I rolled my eyes, but I was smiling. 

The moment we were inside our room, he hugged me tightly, keeping me in his arms for a long time. "I can't wait to take you home, Anaya."