Anything For You

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Faiz

When I came home that night, Anaya was asleep, as were my babies. I tried to be as quiet as possible, so as to not disturb Chachu and Chachi in the guest room.

I freshened up and came out in the bedroom in my casual trousers, and got into bed beside my wife, but not before planting a soft kiss on her cheek. "Yeh kya baat hui? Aaj aapne mera wait bhi nahin kiya." I smiled fondly at her sleeping figure. I could hardly see her in the darkness of our bedroom, but her familiar scent drove me insane: lavender, a hint of roses and baby powder.

*"What is this? You didn't even wait up for me today."

I yawned and closed my eyes, ready for a good night's rest, when something occurred to me: she usually slept on her right side, because she said that she wasn't comfortable with sleeping on her left. It just wasn't a comfortable position for her, and yet, she was sleeping on her left today, conveniently with her back towards me.

"Ana?" I whispered in the dark.

Her breathing wasn't even, and when I lightly placed my hand on her upper arm, her arm felt tensed.

"Are you awake, babe?" I asked.

She didn't reply, but I heard a small sniffing sound.

"What's wrong, Anaya?" Alarmed, I sat up and turned on the lamp. I turned her over to face me and saw tears running down her cheeks. "Baby, come here." I pulled her onto my lap and held her tightly. "What's wrong, gorgeous?"

A teardrop was stuck to her eyelash, and it looked stunningly beautiful, even though I hated seeing her cry.

"Bad dream." She snuggled up against my chest, closing her eyes.

"No worries, meri jaan." I whispered. "I'm with you, aren't I? You don't have to be afraid."

"Some bad dreams feel too real." She looked up at me, her eyes red from crying.

"But they are dreams, nevertheless." I blew Ayat-ul-Kursi on her, holding her tightly against myself. 

Her tensed muscles eased gradually, and her eyes began to drift shut. She was asleep in my arms within minutes. 

I wanted to lie down, but I didn't risk it, in case she woke up, so I leaned back against the headboard, with my wife curled up in my arms, and I fell asleep there.

****

I popped a cut up piece of banana in my mouth as I sliced it for the babies' breakfast. They loved oatmeal and banana, especially Farhaan. My back ached a little from the position that I'd slept in, but at least Ana had slept peacefully after that.

I was a little surprised that Chachu and Chachi weren't up yet, but then again, jet lag can be awful. It's worse when you fly east, apparently, but even when we flew back to London, I used to want to sleep for days.

"Assalam Alaikum." Anaya walked into the kitchen. I looked up and was surprised to see her in her night clothes: silky lilac trousers and a matching cropped camisole that exposed a thin strip of her stomach and shoulders.