Pain And Suffering

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anaya

"Beghairat Insaan." Hamza Bhai muttered. "Marr kyun nahin jata yeh manhoos aadmi."

*"Shameless man."
"Why doesn't this cursed man die?"

He had just hung up after a phone call with his lawyer.

"What did the lawyer do to you?" Hania looked at him, bewildered.

"Not the lawyer." He looked at her. "I meant Jamshed."

"When we're in the hospital waiting to hear about Faiz Bhai, please don't curse someone." Hania whispered, glaring at him. "Only think positively and pray for Faiz Bhai."

Pray for Faiz. My Faizi. My husband. My loving, caring, sweet husband who would never hurt anyone intentionally. The policeman said that he hadn't fought back, and knowing my Faizi, I knew why. My husband would never hurt his parents. Ever.

"Anaya, can I get you anything?" Hania came and sat down beside me, her big brown eyes filled with concern.

"Get me Faiz." My lips felt dry and my body felt cold.

The couple exchanged a worried look.

"He'll be fine, In Sha Allah. Have faith in Allah." She put her hand on mine and squeezed it.

Sumi had taken the twins to Mamma's house. My mother-in-law hadn't been informed about Faiz's state for obvious reasons.

"I can't live without him, Hania." Tears showed no mercy as they poured down my cheeks. "Agar unhain kuch hogaya to main marr jaaon gi."

*"If anything happens to him, I'll die."

"I was just telling Hamza about positive thinking, and the same applies to you." She wrapped her arm around my shoulders and I leaned against her, sobbing quietly.

Positive thinking. How was I supposed to think positively when I had no idea how my Faizi was? He gave me my positivity. Without him, I felt like I was stumbling around blindly in complete darkness, not knowing what to do or where to go.

"Mrs Faiz?" A doctor stepped out of the room, looking around at us.

"Y-Yes?" I jumped up to my feet, just as Rida and Waqas Bhai rounded the corner, running up to us.

"May I have a word with you, privately?" The doctor asked.

My heart was going to stop. This doctor was going to end up performing CPR on me. I nodded and followed him slightly down the hall.

"Is he okay?" I asked. I could see the others looking our way, worriedly.

"He is recovering." He nodded, grimly. "It will take some time, but he will get there eventually. We were initially concerned about internal bleeding, which could have been fatal in his case, but fortunately, it's not the case. However, he needs to avoid anything that puts pressure on his abdomen, including any intimacy between the two of you, for at least four weeks." He was an English doctor, so for him it wasn't an embarrassing to say that as it was for me to hear that. I know that he was just doing his duty, but being a Pakistani Muslim girl, I wanted the ground to swallow me up. Fast. "Also, Mrs Faiz, we recommend further checks for him. It may be possible that these injuries could have lowered or significantly decreased the chances of having children."