Till The End

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anaya

I blinked cautiously, as if even this tiny action would cause my world to implode.

For a few seconds, the only sounds I heard were my ragged breathing and my heart beating wildly.

"Anaya? Are you okay?"

I turned my head, and I was startled by my own earrings brushing against my cheeks. For a brief moment, they felt like insects resting on my skin and I shuddered.

Faiz was looking at me, concerned. He looked okay, unhurt. I nodded slowly, before we both turned and looked at the sight ahead of us. Right in front of us, two cars have collided, resulting in crushed metal and shattered glass. A poor elderly pedestrian had been caught in the crossfire and had been thrown onto the hood of our car. Faiz immediately got out to help him.

Despite the horrific sight, nobody seemed majorly hurt. I just hoped that the elderly man was okay as well. I pushed open the door and got out in my heavy Valima dress.

"Are you okay, Uncle?" Faiz spoke gently in Punjabi, holding the elderly man by his shoulders as he helped him up.

While the drivers were too busy yelling over who was wrong or right, nobody else had paid attention to the poor pedestrian.

"I'll be fine, beta." The elderly man groaned, clearly not fine.

"We'll take you to the hospital." Faiz said. "Come on." He led him around the side of the car, and helped him into the back seat.

As we drove away from the accident sight, I could hear the man in the back groaning lightly in pain. There was no blood visible, but God knows how badly he had gotten hurt.

"You two...you two are going to your wedding?" Uncle managed to speak after a short while.

"Yes, our Valima." Faiz replied.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, beta."

"Don't say that." My husband looked at him in the rear-view mirror. "This isn't your fault, and helping someone is never an inconvenience, Uncle."

"May Allah bless you both with a long and blissful life together." Uncle started making duas for us. "May you both have good health and happiness for many, many years to come. Ameen."

"Ameen." I whispered softly. "This is the best way to start a married life, Uncle. With the blessings of our elders."

"Let me tell you something today, kids." Uncle spoke. "These days acts of kindness are almost like rare gems. And those who put others before themselves, especially in times like these, are always greatly rewarded for it. Instead of going to your Valima, you're taking me to the hospital. Allah will reward you both for it, In Sha Allah. A kind act has more value than millions of rupees or dollars, or any currency."

His words and blessings warmed my heart.

"Keep us in your prayers, Uncle." Faiz said.

****

At the hospital, Faiz took his time to make sure that Uncle was well looked after, and he paid for his treatment. When his mother called to ask him where we were, he asked her to go ahead with the dinner, as he and I had been held up in a situation.

"I'll explain everything later." He spoke to her on the phone, before hanging up. He had taken off his suit jacket and had wrapped it over my shoulders as I'd felt uncomfortable being in a hospital in my bridal outfit. It didn't help much, but it made me feel better. He had offered to drive me to the Valima venue while Uncle was being treated, but I insisted on staying with him.