Birthday Boy

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Faiz

Anaya looked stunning...s*xy, I have to say. It's not wrong to think about your own wife that way, is it?

As I put my hands on her bare shoulders, I realised how cold her skin was. I took off my blazer and pulled it over her shoulders. "Looking beautiful isn't worth getting sick for." 

"I didn't dress like this to look good." She whispered. "I dressed like this because I'm celebrating such an important day, privately with my husband. And...I thought you'd like it."

"I love it." I put my hand on her cheek, caressing it softly.

She smiled at me, and reached down to grab her phone from the table. She tapped away on it, and suddenly, 'Thinking out Loud' by Ed Sheeran began to play. "Dance?" To my surprise, she held out her hand, and I took it. 

"I thought you didn't dance." I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm going to attempt it, for your sake." She said as I placed a hand on her waist.

We began to slow dance. We were both a bit clumsy, but not embarrassingly awful. Eventually, she leaned against me and we just swayed to the music, even as the song changed to another slow song.

"What an amazing surprise." I muttered. "Was the staff in on it? How did I not know that you booked a room at my own hotel?"

"I paid using cash and I used my maiden name." Her eyes were closed as she rested her head against my chest. 

"You are one smart lady, Anaya Faiz." 

"And don't you forget it." She pulled back. "Next time you try to act smart with me, remember who you're dealing with, Birthday Boy." 

"Boy." I chuckled. "A thirty-year-old is not a boy, Ana."

"Apni maa se poochain, jin ke liye aap humaisha chotay se bache rahain ge." She said, dramatically.

*"Ask your mother, for whom you'll always be a small little kid."

"Such a Drama Queen." I shook my head. 

"Speaking of Mamma, call her." She said. "She asked me to get you to call her as soon as I've wished you, so that she can wish you too." 

I smiled. "Of course."

"I told her that she should wish you first. She'll always have the first right over you, but especially on your birthday." She reached up to run her fingers through my hair. "But she said that once a guy is married, his wife has the first rights." 

I video called Mamma. I guess I'm a Mamma's boy- not in a clingy, totally-under-her-shadow type of cringe-worthy way, but she's always had the softest spot for me, being her firstborn and her only son. "Assalam Alaikum, Mamma."

My mother's entire face lit up as she answered my call. She must have stayed up especially to wish me as she was usually asleep by now. "Walaikum Assalam, my love. Happy Birthday. May Allah bless you with many, many more to come and may He give you a healthy and happy life. Ameen."