Family Holiday

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anaya

It was so peaceful, and the only sound around was when either of us spoke, or his heartbeat as I rested my head against his chest. "It's so quiet." I gently traced patterns against his stomach with my fingertip.

"That's because your two toofans are finally asleep." He muttered, lazily.

*Toofan: storm.

"Khabardaar, jo mere bachon ke khilaaf kuch bhi kaha." I narrowed my eyes, looking up at him.

*"Don't you dare say a word against my kids."

"And what am I? Their nanny?" He kissed my forehead, tightening his arm around me as I tried to move away.

"You are the one that said that they are my toofans." I pulled the duvet up closer. Faiz had told me that no matter what time of the year you visit Scotland, it was always slightly chilly.

"Well, they take after you in that sense."

"If I wasn't cold, I would ask you to go and sleep downstairs. But I need your warmth." I kissed his chest.

"Selfish."

"Aapke mamlay main, hamesha."

*"When it comes to you, always."

We lay in silence for a while. I was wearing socks in bed, which was a weird experience for me. I have survived the British winter, but our warm bedroom had meant that I never needed to wear socks. However, in Scotland, despite the warmth of the room, and the duvet, the socks still felt comfortable.

"Are you happy with me, babe?" He randomly asked.

I looked up again, wrinkling my nose in confusion. "Why are you asking me that?"

He sighed. "Just asking. You did leave your country, your home for me. I'm just checking up on you."

"Aap ke siwa main kisi aur ke saath khush reh hi nahin sakti." I admitted honestly. "Aap meri zindagi hain, Faizi."

*"I cannot be happy with anyone else but you."
"You are my life, Faizi."

He smiled, clearly satisfied with my answer. "Good to know. I guess, I'm used to you as well, sweetheart."

"This is your reply to my romantic dialogue?!" I sat up, frowning at him.

"There's no need to even say dialogues, Ana." He stared intensely at me. "You turned me from a workaholic to a man who is completely dedicated to his family. You brightened up my dull routine. You have given me unconditional love and loyalty, as well as our beautiful little babies. I don't have the words to describe your importance in my life."

I smiled, my cheeks warming up. I lay back down, cuddling up to him again. "I used to go on the roof of our old home in Lahore and stared up at the stars, thinking of how incredible it would be to publish my own book. That used to be my dream, Faizi. Not marriage, not kids, just writing. But then you entered my life, and made me realise that I can dream about more than one thing. I can dream about my writing, as well as love."