The Nands

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Nand: Husband's sister.

*

Frankly speaking, I was a nervous wreck. I was about to have a dinner with my mother-in-law and five Nands.

I wore an off-white shalwar kameez with a lace peach gown, that had intricate patterns over it and an off-white border. I paired the outfit with high heel off-white shoes that had bows on them.  I left my hair loose but pinned it back because it's annoying if it gets in my face.

I had literally rushed to a shop after work and bought that outfit out of desperation because I had no formal clothes to wear with me at the hotel

I had literally rushed to a shop after work and bought that outfit out of desperation because I had no formal clothes to wear with me at the hotel. I still hadn't brought my items from my parents' house because I couldn't possibly move it all in a hotel room.

This new outfit and shoes had taken a huge bite out of my bank balance, but I had no other choice. I had to look good for the dinner with my in-laws. 

I had kept Faiz waiting for around half an hour, and then I'd rushed out carrying the shopping bag that contained my uniform. Fortunately, I'd showered right before work because that's the only way to tolerate the heat outside, and the bookshop was air-conditioned, so I still feel reasonably fresh, Alhumdulillah.

Faiz was leaning against his car as I came out and smiled when he saw me. "Ma Sha Allah." He straightened up. "And here I am, with my hair turning white from waiting for you for so long." 

I rolled my eyes. "Shohar ke taanay abhi se shuru?" 

*"Husband's taunts have started already?"

"Taunts are a part of the marriage contract." He winked at me. "But seriously, you look gorgeous, Ma Sha Allah." 

"Thank you." I blushed at the compliment. As he held open the door of the front passenger seat, I got in, and he closed it behind me before walking around the front of the car to get in beside me. I was so nervous that I couldn't even speak properly. Where's water when you need it? I coughed lightly and searched in my bag for a sweet or a cough drop...anything.

Faiz held out a hand and I looked at it and on his palm lay a wrapped sweet, light green in colour. "Here, take this."

"What is this?" 

"On my planet we call this a sweet." He grinned. "I'm actually obsessed with these, so I always bring these babies wherever in the world I go. Try it."

I took the sweet, unwrapped it and popped it into my mouth. It was lime flavoured, but the best bit was when I chewed it, a burst of chocolate filled my mouth, and the combination of chocolate and lime was amazing. "Oh, wow."