Evil

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Faiz

"While we were gone, they were evicted, Faiz. They don't live here anymore." Anaya looked at me, anxiously from where she sat on the bed. 

"Evicted?" I repeated. "Why would they be evicted?" 

"For not paying the rent on time." She looked down where our babies were rolling around, enjoying their playtime on their parents' bed. 

"That's absolute rubbish. I paid the rent money into Mamma's account right before we left." I began to reach for my phone.

"You should start checking your bank account, Faiz, because she returned the money to you." She said, quietly. "She didn't use the money you were giving her, which is why she couldn't manage the rent." 

I froze as something occurred to me. "Anaya. When did you find out about this?" 

She still wasn't looking at me.

"Anaya, I asked you something. When did you find out about this?" I kept my voice low and calm, because our babies sense it whenever we're angry and they get distressed.

"The day I got back from Canada." She quickly grabbed Farhaan as he almost rolled off the bed. "I know I should have told you, Faiz. But I got selfish, okay? I wanted you to get two or three extra peaceful days. I love you and I hate how stressed you've been. So yes, I got selfish." 

"You know why I'm mad at you, right?" I asked her. 

"Because I should have told you that Mamma and the others had left the day that I found out. I should have told you that they got evicted and..."

"No. That's not on you." I said, quietly. "It would have been nice for you to tell me earlier, but I can't blame you for it. You know what I do blame you for? For not telling me that you and the twins have basically been living here on your own, when you know how I feel about that." 

She stood up, but remained there to ensure that the twins didn't fall off the bed. Being incredibly active, Ma Sha Allah, we had to keep an eye on them every second. "You would have rushed home immediately!" 

"Why shouldn't I have? You remember the burglary in the neighbourhood, right?" I asked. "When Mamma and the others were around, it was still okay, because there was still nearby to keep a lookout for you. But you were all alone with two babies, and you know how worried I get about you guys."

"You're mad at me because you're worried about me?" She looked bewildered. "What about the fact that I hid their eviction from you?" 

"When they hid it from me, when they refused to take the money from me, I can't blame you, Anaya." I turned my back towards her, breathing deeply. 

What the heck have I done that they can't even take my help? I ran my hands through my hair, confused and, frankly speaking, hurt.

"Faiz." 

I didn't look at her. I sank down on the bed, dropping my head in my hands. 

She took the babies to the crib and returned to me, wrapping her arm around my waist as she sat beside me. Kissing my shoulder, she slid her other hand up my stomach and onto my chest. 

"They have completely separated me from themselves." I whispered. "Tum to mujhse baatein na chupaya karo, Anaya."

*"At least you don't hide things from me, Anaya."