Truly My Family

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anaya

"Kya hogaya hai, meri fairy?" I rocked Aizah, standing outside the wedding hall.

*"What happened, my fairy?"

During the joota churai ceremony, Aizah might have been overwhelmed by everyone gathered around because she started crying endlessly. Farhaan was seated in his Dado's lap away from the crowd, as she chatted to Dr Sadia. My son seemed to find Mamma's necklace very fascinating as his small hands repeatedly hit it. 

I jingled my bangles together by waving my arm in front of her, but she was crying too much, her mouth turning downwards in a way that always broke my heart. "Aizah, shhh. It's okay. Aaj Dani Phupho ki shaadi hai aur hum sab celebrate kar rahe hain. Aap darr kyun rahi ho, jaan?" 

*"Today it's Dani Phupho's wedding and we're all celebrating. Why are you scared, sweetheart?"

And suddenly her eyes landed on the moon, and she stared up at in awe. 

"Look at the pretty moon!" I gasped. "The moon is saying why is little Aizah crying so much? The moon is also feeling sad because Aizah is sad." I used to find it funny how parents came up with silly stuff to appease their kids, but now I totally understood.

"Bhabi!" Rumi came out, grinning. "You need to come and check it out! It's so cute!"

I followed her inside, curiously.

A little play area had been set up on one side for the kiddies and babies. Mikael was dancing to the music inside there, with Jibril and Tammy crawling around happily, and Farhaan sitting in his car seat, smiling. Everyone, including the bride and groom, were fully focused on this cute scene. 

"Mikael's got moves!" Hamza Bhai called out, laughing.

Naturally, everyone was filming the entire scene on their phone cameras. 

At the end of the dance, Mikael actually did a little bow then rushed over to Farhaan's car seat and gave him a kiss on the cheek. 

"For Farhaan as he was crying!" Mikael declared happily.

Everybody applauded him and praised him for being such a considerate big brother. 

"My heart can't take this cuteness." Sumi muttered, reaching out and lifting Mikael up before kissing his cheek.

"Khalla!" Mikael frowned. "I'm a big boy now!" 

Dania was in tears now, as I think she was already starting to miss everyone. For the first few months, she would be living in Lahore, before Ibrahim continued his education in London. He was going to work at the hospital, gaining experience, as he studied, while Dania was going to start designing clothes.

Tammy had crawled over to Farhaan's car seat and ended up pinching him. She was at the stage where she was pinching everyone she saw, as was Jibril. Farhaan burst into tears.

"Tamanna!" Rida told her off, lifting her up. "That's not nice!" That made Tammy cry.

"Aww, my baby." Hareem lifted Farhaan up and kissed his cheek.

Meanwhile, Aizah was still looking up at the ceiling, probably searching for the moon. The kids of our family are hilarious, I'm telling you.

Well, at least Dania started laughing. "C-Can I have one photo with all my nephews and nieces?"