Concerns And Arguments

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anaya

I was upset.

It was two in the morning, and there was still no sign of Faiz, not even a call or a message from him. I'd called by Rose Luxe Hotel, and his personal assistant had told me that Faiz was in his office, on a very important conference call with hotel managers in Asia.

This had been five hours ago, and there was still no contact with Faiz. 

I turned off the light and tried to sleep, trying to convince myself that I didn't care, but that wasn't true. I did care. I was worried about him. Just as I was wondering if he was in any trouble,  I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I clutched the duvet, eyes widening. "Faiz?" 

The door opened and my husband walked in, looking absolutely exhausted. "Assalam Alaikum, Anaya."

"Walaikum Assalam." I muttered, bitterly. I watched him put his laptop bag aside, and then walking to the wardrobe, he took off his suit jacket and untied his tie. "Where were you?"

"I was stuck in a meeting." He yawned, unbuttoning his shirt as he turned to face me. "That was so mentally exhausting."

"You could have messaged me, Faiz." I said. "Do you know how worried I was?"

"I'm sorry, Anaya. When I get busy with work, I forget everything."

"Like telling me our home address so that I can come back home?" I raised an eyebrow. "I went in full-on panic mode, and I would have passed out if it weren't for that kind Pakistani doctor!"

He closed his eyes, groaning. "I'm so sorry, Anaya. I told you that there was a backlog of work, and it's not easy catching up with everything that I'd missed." 

I suddenly felt sorry for him. "You want coffee? Or something to eat?" 

"I just want to sleep." He grabbed his towel and a pair of trousers and headed into the bathroom. "I'm just going to have a quick shower first." He kept the door open and I heard the shower running. "Ghar kaise aayi phir?" 

*"How did you get home?" 

"The doctor gently reminded me that my address was on my NHS card." I stood in the doorway, facing away from him. 

"I'm sorry, Anaya. I told you that you were my responsibility, and I have already messed up."

"It's okay. I understand your work pressure." I said. "I'm sorry for nagging you the moment you got home." 

We chatted like that about our day, with him in the shower, and with me leaning in the doorway. Before I knew it, he was walking over to me, with just a towel wrapped around his waist, and I gulped hard because... well, need I finish that sentence?

He wrapped his arms around me, and I breathed in the scent of his shampoo and body wash. 

"You smell delicious." I blurted out, then immediately blushed at my boldness.

He laughed. "Why, thank you, Mrs Anaya Faiz." 

"Faiz?" I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Hmm?"

"Aren't you sleepy now?" 

"I can stay awake for a while longer." His eyes glinted mischievously. 

"Go to bed." I turned to walk away, but he held me tighter. "Faiz." 

"Anaya." His damp hair brushed against my cheek as he nuzzled his face against my neck. A drop of water trickled down and rolled my neck and towards my shoulder.