The New Girl

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anaya

I was glaring so hard at the new girl that if looks could kill...

But why am I glaring at that random girl when my own husband still has his hands on her shoulders and is staring at her like he just found the love of his life?!

Dania rushed towards the girl and gave her a hug. "Allah! Ruby! It's been years!"

"Dani! You've grown up so much! Video calls didn't do you any justice!" Rubab, or Ruby, whatever, spoke in an American accent. She hugged her tightly.

I cleared my throat and everyone turned to look at me. The girl stared at me, curiously.

"Ruby, this is Anaya, my wife." Faiz told her. "Anaya, this is Rubab, better known as Ruby."

"Also known as his first love." Rubab winked at him, before holding out a hand towards me. "It's nice to meet you, Anaya."

I was tempting to not shake her hand, but she was being warm and friendly, and I didn't want to come off as a witch, so I took her hand and shook it. "It's nice to meet you too." I'm not very sure, just yet. Wait...did she just say...? "His first love?"

"She was my childhood crush." Faiz admitted, smiling sheepishly. "Emphasis on the word 'childhood'. She's a year younger than me, and we hung out a lot together."

Yes, but who actually is she?

"She's our estranged Mamu's daughter." Dania explained.

"Yeah, Dad wasn't happy about Gul Phupho marrying Jamshed Uncle. He never liked him. He said that being wealthy means nothing if the person doesn't have respect for others." Rubab rolled her eyes. "But it all sort of blew up into a major argument when we were kids, and they haven't spoken since. I've kept in touch with these guys though."

"Yeah, Mamu was right about that." Dania sighed. "Maybe brothers do know best when it comes to their sisters."

"Just always remember that." Faiz grinned at her.

"Ruby?" Mamma came downstairs, looking surprised. "What a pleasant surprise!"

"Assalam Alaikum, Phupho!" Rubab ran over to hug her.

"Walaikum Assalam! I wasn't expecting you." Mamma hugged her tightly, before kissing her cheek. "You've grown up so much, honey."

"So much that Mom has started pressurising me into marriage." She sighed. "She took me to Pakistan. Dad couldn't be there because he had a meeting in Washington. When we got there, she was preparing for my Nikah to a random guy, Phupho! She was emotionally blackmailing me into marriage, so I ran away from there. Dad had to go to Singapore next, so I came here instead."

"Allah! But did you tell him about all this?" Mamma looked concerned.

"I did, but because he couldn't come immediately, he's the one who suggested that I come to London instead."

"He voluntarily sent you to me?" Mamma looked surprised.

"Believe it or not, Phupho, he still loves you and he misses you a lot." Rubab smiled sadly. "A sibling bond cannot just be broken just because someone married the wrong person."

"Come on." Mamma led her inside. "After years, I've had someone visit from my family. I'm so happy, Alhumdulillah!" Dania followed them inside.

As Faiz began to make his way after them, I grabbed his wrist. "It was just a childhood crush, right?"