Heartbreak

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

WARNING: This chapter contains some serious, triggering themes.

****

Anaya

I woke up, groaning weakly. What's going on? Why does everything hurt?

Faiz.

The moment his name entered my mind, my eyes flew open. "Faiz!"

Where is he? How is he? Please, Allah, mere Faiz ko bachalain. Ameen.

*Please, Allah, save my Faiz.

"Anaya, beta..." A soft maternal voice brought me back to reality, yanking me out of my panicked thoughts.

I blinked and the hospital smell caused a wave of nausea to rise up inside me, causing me to put a hand over my mouth as I gagged.

"Here." A disposable sick bowl appeared under my face, one of those annoying cardboard ones that made no sense to me. Mamma was holding it out, and I threw up, feeling mortified.

I looked up at her, my eyes filled with tears, as she set the bowl under the hospital bed, waiting for the cleaning staff to come and take it away. "F-Faiz?" 

"He's fine, Alhumdulillah." She said. "He's just gone to the mosque to give sadqah for you. Actually, for the both of you as I made him give some for himself as well." 

"He's gone to the mosque? He's fine?" 

"Just a few scratches." Her own eyes filled up. "It was a car parking, and the car stopped in time, otherwise..." 

"Why am I in the hospital? I'm fine." I muttered. 

"You fainted and you weren't waking up. Faiz panicked and brought you here." She gave me a small smile. "It's a unique way to make a pregnancy announcement,  Anaya." 

"You know?!" I asked.

She nodded. 

"I-Is the baby okay?" I suddenly realised that Faiz was not the only one I should be worried about now.

"The baby's fine, Alhumdulillah." She said. "Your hands broke your fall." 

I glanced down at my scratched up hands and silently thanked my Allah for protecting my husband and our baby. "Mamma, I want to brush my teeth. I feel disgusting." 

"I'll go ask a nurse if they can provide anything." Mamma left the room, leaving me to look around at my surrounding. 

I had a drip attached to my arm, and I didn't glanced down at the point where it was sticking into my skin, lest the sight made me throw up again. I didn't want anyone finding about my baby like this, but now that it was out, what could I do?

Mamma returned with a small amenity kit, containing a toothbrush, a toothpaste, a small bar of soap and even a mini bottle of shampoo.