Not A Sister

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Dania

<Ibrahim: You okay, Dia?>

<Ibrahim: Sorry, auto-correct. But to be fair, Dia is a cute name for you as you light up my life.>

*Dia: Oil lamp

I couldn't help smiling, despite the tense situation.

"Messaging the husband, huh?" Bhabi entered the room, and with a knowing smile, sat down beside me. "I remember those days, shortly after our Nikah. Faiz couldn't stop messaging me." She grinned and I laughed.

"I can't even imagine Bhai chasing after a girl." I said, softly.

"Well, I'm not just any girl, am I?" She joked. "I'm the ultimate love of his life, the girl he had been waiting for since the day he was born. His destiny."

I laughed harder. "Bhabi, you're hilarious."

"By the way, why haven't you changed yet?" She asked.

I was still sitting in the living room, dressed as a bride. My heart was breaking gradually, a crack appearing each time I thought about Dad's words.

"Come on, I'll help you untangle your hair." She held out her hand and I took it. 

We just entered the foyer, when the front door opened and Rida Appi walked in...with Nabiha, the girl who had caused drama at my Nikah.

"What is she doing here?!" I snapped.

"Dania, relax." Appi told me calmly. 

"No! Why did you bring her here?!" I now screamed out. "She ruined my wedding, this conniving little..." 

"Dania." Bhabi grabbed my arm. "Please, calm down."

I shook my head, looking at her. "I bet she plotted this with her mother!"

"I didn't!" Nabiha spoke up, her eyes filled with tears.

"Oh, shut up! You don't even say a word!" I pointed a finger at her in warning.

"Dania, she's our sister whether you like it or not." Appi said. "And it's our duty to take care of her."

"She's not our sister!" I argued. "You, Sumi Appi, Rumi, Hareem and I, we're sisters! She's nothing to us!"

"What's going on here?" Bhai came down the stairs, dressed in casual trousers and a white t-shirt. "Dani, Mamma's asleep..." He stopped when he saw Nabiha, and then raised an eyebrow at Rida Appi.

"I went to confront Dad, and I found Nabiha basically being abused." Appi explained. "So, I brought here here."

"Why? To rub it in Mamma's face? In our faces?" I asked.

"Anaya, would you mind taking Dani upstairs?" Bhai told his wife. "Before she wakes Mamma up."

"Sure." Bhabi grabbed my arm again, gently, and began to lead me up the stairs.