Back to Reality

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Happy New Year 2021! I hope this one turns out better for everyone, and the world gets rid of this horrid Covid-19.

The situation in the UK is worsening day by day and on the 31/12/20 we recorded our worst ever daily cases, almost 56,000. And now, this Covid-19 has affected a few colleagues and friends of mine, which is terrifying. 

A quick shout-out to doctors, nurses and everyone in the medical field, as well as all essential works for fighting every day for us. Thank you for everything! 

****

Anaya

"Aisi hi hansti raha karo. Bohat pyari lagti ho, Ma Sha Allah." Faiz smiled at me as we sat on the train on our way back home. 

*"Keep laughing like this. You look very pretty." 

I blushed at the compliment, and focused on Farhaan, who seemed happy to be seated on his own seat by the window. Opposite us, and across the table, sat Faiz, with Aizah at the window seat beside him. Like her brother, her little hands were pressed against the glass, and like I was firmly holding onto our son, my husband firmly held onto our daughter.

I had been laughing at how excited Farhaan looked, even though there was nothing but countryside out there. Beautiful countryside, but still not as exciting as he made it seem. Babies are adorable; they find their own fists amusing sometimes.

"You like it, Farhaan jaani?" I leaned forward and kissed my son's cheek.

Faiz took a photo of us.

"Kya kar rahe hain?" I asked, looking at him, while still holding onto Farhaan.

*"What are you doing?" 

"I'm taking a photo. I thought that was obvious." Faiz grinned. "You two are looking so cute right now, Ma Sha Allah." 

As the train picked up speed, we both set the babies down on our laps, holding them tightly into our arms to stop them from falling. Farhaan began to happily slap his hands on the table, while Aizah turned and tried to eat Faiz's collar. She put it in her mouth, getting drool all over him, but he just laughed, kissing the side of her head. Parents tolerate a lot of disgusting things, I'm telling you.

"I can't believe we're going back home." I said, almost sadly.

"I'll take you all abroad, on a longer holiday, soon. In Sha Allah." Faiz reached out across the table and I slid my hand into his. 

"Mama." Farhaan looked up at him, wide-eyed. 

He had picked up a new habit. Every time he needs a nappy change, he calls out to me, looking at me wide-eyed. Faiz had laughed uncontrollably the first time that happened.

"He knows just who to call for a nappy change!" He had said, earning a pillow straight on his face. 

"I better go and change him." I sighed, standing up and grabbing the babies' bag. Fortunately, in this train, a baby changing area was built by the restroom. It made life much easier for parents travelling with infants. 

"I'll do it." Faiz offered, also standing up. "It's much easier for me to change if I get sprayed."

"How chivalrous of you." I giggled, shaking my head as we exchanged babies. I almost lost my balance with Aizah in my arms, but held onto the table.