Chapter 59

Kelvin POV

"H-hello, my name's Aakash," greeted the student who was like twice his height. Kelvin didn't know how to feel as the taller boy did a slight bow before he began considering what pokemon to use. "I choose you, Pikachu!" calle Aakash as he threw out his quick ball and out burst out an electrical mouse.

"Hmm...Mimikyu, I think you want to do this battle," chuckled Kelvin, throwing out his pokeball to let out a hissing Mimikyu, which looked pumped for the battle. "Alright, Mimikyu, swords dance," ordered Kelvin. 

"Pikachu, thunder wave!" called Aakash as Pikachu swung it's tail and released a wave of electricity. Mimikyu jumped up, careful to not expose whatever was under it's disguise. "Mimikyu, shadow claw," grunted Kelvin as his eyes glinted. A shadowy claw emerged from underneath the cloak and took out Pikachu in one strike.

"Thus, we all know who is the better pokemon," snickered Kelvin as Aakash withdrew Pikachu in frustration. "Alright uhm, Sliggoo go!" called Aakash. Kelvin was seriously wondering what was going on in Aakash's head. 

"Sliggoo, water pulse!" called Aakash as Sliggoo fired a blast of water, which struck the Mimikyu. The head of the disguise flopped to the side and Mimikyu only took a small amount of damage. "I've heard of this...it's the ability, disguise, right?" Aakash mumbled looking at Kelvin for confirmation.

At least he knows his abilities.

Kelvin nodded before saying, "Mimikyu, play rough!" 

Mimikyu hopped forward and cloaked the two pokemon in smoke as it began to beat up Sliggoo, who barely survived the attack. It was only then did Kelvin notice the focus sash tied on its gooey shell. "Hey, you actually came prepared!" Kelvin gasped before his eyes creased into a crazed, narrowed look. "Now...it's great that I got to battle someone who actually came prepared," chuckled Kelvin, as he heard Hanlu say something like, "Aha I don't think Aakash can survive this."

"Sliggoo, uhm, dragon breath!" called Aakash. "Well, I guess you don't really know Mimikyu," chuckled Kelvin as Mimikyu didn't even flinch as the dragon breath was fired straight at it. "Dragon doesn't work on fairy, and personally I think you didn't study my Pokemon's type," sighed Kelvin, who was growing slightly bored.

"Alright, play rough one more time, let's finish this," he grumbled as Mimikyu destroyed Sliggoo. Aakash looked terrified, as if he was about to crumble under the steely gazes all the Rangers had. Kelvin just scratched the back of his head as Aakash threw out his little Ducklett. 

"Mimikyu, swords dance," ordered Kelvin as he spotted another focus sash wrapped around Ducklett's wing.

"Ducklett, bubble beam!"

Ducklett nodded as it took off and fired a array of bubbles, which Mimikyu took decently well. "Mimikyu, shadow claw," Kelvin croaked out as he realised how long he didn't drink water. Mimikyu lunged and delivered a brutal blow to Ducklett, who held on with it's focus sash. "Ducklett, retaliate with air slash!" yelped Aakash. Ducklett took off again and fired sharp blasts of air, slamming into Mimikyu.

"Kill it. Use shadow claw," called Kelvin. Mimikyu jumped up and use it's shadowy claw to slash Ducklett. The little duck fell out of the sky and fell onto the ground. 

Aakash withdrew it and pulled out another pokeball. "Go, Hawlucha!" 

A fighting type, seriously?

And Kelvin nearly punched himself as he noticed a focus sash on Hawlucha's leg. He seriously had a lot of focus sashes, didn't he? At least he was somehow prepared. 

"Hawlucha, bounce!" ordered Aakash. Hawlucha instantly bounced into the air and Mimikyu missed a play rough. Then, Hawlucha went plummeting down and kicked it's feet against Mimikyu's face. "Mimikyu, play rough," he ordered coldly.