Chapter 5

Sophie POV
"The Safari zone is where you can catch pokemon without fighting. You can us pokeblocks and creeping closer to make the capture easier. Each of you will get 10 safari balls each. I wish you luck with your pokemon catching. And don't worry none of the pokemon will attack," the instructor said as Sophie was looking through her messages. She got a message from Ranger Frilly that she had to look for 8 boys and help them begin their pokemon journey.
" Why am I helping everyone?! IM DEALING WITH 38 FOOLS ON MY OWN! Even JARRETT has a buddy ranger," she snarled.
"We heard that," chorused her classmates and she hurled the walking stick she had been holding because she had to hike up the hill to get to the building.
The extremely tall boy with spectacles wearing a jacket named Aakash, her classmate, got whacked by the stick and he flung it right back.
It knocked her SQAURE in the head.
She grabbed the stick of the ground and rubbed her head and groaned in muffled pain. "Jeez, they won't even thank me for my hard work," she snarled. She slowly hiked up the hill, each 1 metre she complained about something.
"My god I'm so angry and hungry I could swallow enough air to float into the sky," she snarled.
She arrived at the building and noticed a strange trail of paperclips on the floor.
She walked in and her eyes followed the trail to the storeroom. "Hm," she mumbled as she walked to the counter. "Madam, what are the paperclips on the floor?" she said as she showed her red pokedex to confirm that she was the ranger sent.
"That's nothing, we'll clean it up-" she was cut off when Sophie leaned across the counter and grabbed her collar.
"Don't you dare try lie to me. Paper clips in a straight line of the ground. And you're trying to clean it up?" she growled in a low voice as she shoved the woman backwards. She grabbed the computer and checked it. "What in the world are they downloading here?" she growled as she plugged her Pokeslide to it and took the information before she placed the computer down.
She carefully went to the storeroom and could hear voices. The sounded weary and strained. "DARN IT!" she hollered as the door didn't open. She then did a roundhouse kick to the door as it crashed to the ground. She let out Houndour to sniff its way around the big and dark storeroom before Houndour found the lights. She switched it on and spotted eight boys trapped in the corner of the storeroom and she instantly hurried over to release them from their ropes.
"Go get help. Something isn't right at all. And here's the pokemon you were supposed to have. Hurry and leave," she said as she coughed, feeling dust choke her throat.
"Thank you," rasped one of them, his voice surprisingly deep. She lugged them up and heard a gruff voice sounding very mad from the outside. She roped the rope together roughly and made them climb out through the window. She then turned to see a woman glaring at her angrily.
"How dare you interfere with Team Metallium's plans?!" yelled the woman.
"Who are you and why do you care?" snarled Sophie as Houndour growled.
"Im Admin Uki. I just dealt your pesky classmates. And team metallium will make sure all pokemon be taken under our wing and not be released in the world," she introduced herself gruffly with a smirk.
"So you want to continue hurting them?!" yelled Sophie.
"No, we just don't want other humans to have pokemon. Meowth go!" she called as she hurled a silver coloured pokeball with the yellow words "METAL" on it.
A galarian Meowth burst forth and she narrowed her eyes at the Meowth. "Steel huh, terrible choice," she smirked as she ordered Houndour to use ember.
Houndour lunged and fired a blast of fire, causing the Meowth to take super effective damage. It hissed and Uki looked like she was about to slap herself for her foolish miscalculation.
Houndour lunged for another ember but this time Meowth dived aside in time.
"Iron head now!" she called as Meowth bashed against Houndour, causing the hell hound to stagger. "Turn and bite!" called Sophie.
Houndour spun and sank it's fangs into Meowth and tugged it away from its body and Meowth managed to struggle away from the grip.
"Ember!" called Sophie as Houndour blasted a burst of fire which struck the Meowth and caused it to faint.
Uki returned the deranged looking meowth to her pokeball and glared at her. Then her face changed and Sophie's eyes widened.
"Someone's behind me isn't it," she choked as she felt someone grab her jacket and she felt herself fall backwards and crash against the wall.
She grunted in pain as she looked at the guy before her.
"Uki, go down and deal with the three rangers flying over. I'll deal with this," he snarled.
Uki scampered away and Sophie wriggled in her grip as she spotted Houndour being held down by some strange looking electrical rope.
"I'm Admin Gavriel, and you should remember that," he laughed as he grabbed Eevee's pokeball off her belt and let it roll onto the floor aimlessly.
She began to panic.
He let go and she sunk to the ground, finally able to breathe.
Admin Gavriel was looking out of the window, looking confused.
" Did a bunch of kids seriously take out Team Metallium's whole crew," he rumbled under his breath.
"We sure did, Froakie, water pulse now!" came a voice as Sophie looked up to see a jet of water blasted straight at Gavriel's back.
He fell forward and Sophie spotted Sumedha smashing the electrical ropes and then passed Eevee's pokeball to her.
"Houndour are you okay!?" she asked worriedly. The little dog yipped and nodded, and he was unscathed.
Gavriel had gotten up, two pokeballs in his hand.
"Corvisquire, skarmory, both of you use steel wing!" he yelled, his eyes narrowing with obvious annoyance he got sniped in the back by a miniature Froakie.
"Ember!"
"Water pulse!"
Jarrett and Sophie yelled and as Corvisquire and Skarmoryvs wings glowed and they charged. Houndour and Froakie fired their respective skills and managed to block the attacking metal birds.
"Skarmory swift!" yelled Gavriel.
The swift struck Houndour as it staggered on its paws.
"Corvisquire pluck!" he called as the Corvisquire lunged and attacked the Riolu. Riolu got hit and struggled to take the super effective damage.
"I should have used endure, darn it, Riolu, counter!" Sophie could hear Sumedha as Riolu lunged and did twice the damage back, knocking out the Corvisquire.
"DARN IT! What's this logic even? Getting beaten by kids like you," Gavriel snarled as he hopped onto Skarmory. "Fly me out now," he growled as Skarmory took flight.
*time skip*
"How in the world did you take out so many Team Metallium grunts?" Sophie asked.
"We couldn't really, but Andrew over there and Natalle, the fire gym leader, were the ones who beat them all down," Julien replied, seemingly tired.
Natalle was already leaving, Sophie having a small part of her wishing she could speak to the gym leader but let the chance go to check on her classmates.
" You all okay? " asked Sophie, a hint of exhaustion in her shaken voice.
Everyone nodded and she handed out berries and potions to everyone to eat or to heal up.
"I did catch a pokemon. Something called oddish. But I also found this lying on the ground," Julien said as she lifted a GODDAM egg.
"How the heck did you get the egg????" Sophie asked.
Jarrett approached them as Meena and Julien back off slightly.
"Are you scared of me? I just wanted to see the egg," Jarrett sounded annoyed. Sophie just rolled her eyes. Boy, did she hate this guy.
"A togepi egg. How did you even find this in the middle of the Safari Zone?" he murmured.
"I- I don't know," Julien stuttered as Sophie nearly swung her hand to smack her face.
"Rangers, assemble here right now. And you too Andrew," called a voice.
They walked over and spotted Ranger Opal.
"Your Drifblim and Tropius are here," Sumedha said.
"Well, we heard about you three rescuing everyone at the Safari Zone. Well... Four, because Andrew," Opal began.
"So, I brought some pokemon you could pick from-" she was instantly cut off when Jarrett grabbed the gastly, followed by Sumedha grabbing the espurr and Andrew obviously wanting the aron, but he just patiently waited for Sophie to pick.
"Just take the Aron," she muttered and Andrew took it instantly.
She then grabbed the last pokeball and opened it.
She felt something burst out and slam her face as she let out a half chokes gurgle and crashed to the ground.
"Coo," it purred.
She looked closely.
"WHY DOES THIS ROWLET PURR?????" she shrieked.

(yeah that's Rowlet I just had to put the cute owl here)Sumedha cracked up and Jarrett just rolled his eyes

Sumedha cracked up and Jarrett just rolled his eyes. "You and Sumedha are so annoying. Why am I even working with you two," he snarled and Sumedha elbowed his ribs.
He let out a disgruntled yell and hunched over in pain, vulgar spewing from him.
"Why is this Rowlet even purring," Sophie exclaimed as the Rowlet continued to purr and rub its head against her elbow.
"Oh god," she mumbled as she held the circular fluff ball in her hands.
She sighed and returned it to her pokeball and placed it onto her belt as she gathered her classmates to get going.
"Move let's go," she sighed.
As she walked past the eight boys her eyes met with one of them and she narrowed her gaze. "Strangely familiar," she muttered under her breath and turned when she felt Rowlet burst from its pokeball to sit on her head and she let out a rumble escape her throat as she led her classmates to the bus.