Chapter 47

Sumedha POV

"YOU'RE LYING!"

Sumedha walked into the giant Hall with Isabelle, before noticing Sophie, her uncle, her grandma, Marc and Dana standing at one side of the long table, facing three other people.

"Ping... And her parents," hissed Isabelle as she walked away from Sumedha and to her sister.

Sumedha then noticed Jarrett, Felix and Bhavishya waiting at the side of the room. "Hey guys! What's going on?" asked Sumedha.

"This Ping girl is accusing Sophie's family on containing a Team Metallium member. They said they came from the Ranger Corps from Ping's school after an attack by Team Metallium or something. And they said that whoever led the attack his here, which means it's no just a grunt, but an admin," explained Bhavishya.

" I can't say it's wrong for them to come to the island, but... Sophie's family seems extremely defensive over it," muttered Jarrett.

Sophie's eyes instantly moved onto the four of them. Instead of the usual bright, blur eyes, they were cold and filled with mixed emotions.

" Get out. The four of you. Go look for the others and ask someone for directions to your room," she ordered.

They all quickly moved out of the building and away from the incessant arguing.

"Is she going to be alright?" asked Sumedha. "I hope so. She says that everytime they hold a family gathering things get very tense. That's why it's such a big event, because it's very stressful for them, especially due to Ping's small family," Felix replied, rubbing his neck tiredly.

"Let's just go look for them, I'm sure Sophie's gonna be alright. Don't worry yeah?" Jarrett told Sumedha. However, it was pretty clear he wasn't sure either.

Meena POV
"Woah... Sophie did say I was allowed to catch pokemon... But I didn't know there was such a big variety of them here! Pokemon I've never seen before are everywhere," she whispered.

She slowly crawled forward, and lifted her pokedex to scan the pokemon. "Dratini huh? That seems like a good find," came a voice.

Meena looked up to see Andrew and he said, "I'm catching this."

What the heck? I'm not losing Dratini like how I lost Mimikyu.

Meena instantly flung a quick ball at Dratini, and surprisingly caught it. Andrew looked pretty darn mad but she just laughed and grabbed the pokeball into her hand and ran away.

" Meena! We need to head back to the rooms. Sophie requested for that," called Sumedha. Meena nodded as Jarrett went looking for the sulking Andrew.

Jayden POV

"REEEEE-" Jayden went tumbling down the hill, Golbat trying it's best to keep up. He crashed into a rock as Golbat crashed into a tree. "Wagh, my head," he groaned as he got to his feet. Golbat attempted to turn but smacked it's wing against Jayden, causing the tall boy to fall back down, mud splattering onto his face.

Golbat tried to pull Jayden up but that got them both into an even bigger mess. "I need to work on that hand-eye coordination," he pulled on a bramble as he tried to stabilize. 

He noticed a cave and stumbled in, looking around for hopefully, a pokemon that lived in caves. After all, that's how he got Golbat.

Golbat was flying about before it spotted a strange glowing stone on the floor. "Is this... A thunder stone?" Jayden said after Golbat dragged him over to see it.

"Well in that case, Eevee, c'mon out," he whispered, throwing out the great ball he used to capture Eevee. He picked up the stone and handed it to Eevee, who placed it's paw on it. As soon as that happened, blue light shone from the stone before it covered Eevee with it, evolving Eevee into Jolteon.

"The hell is there light- There you are. Sophie ordered for us to head back to the rooms. The hell are you doing in this stinky place?" Jayden spun around the moment he heard the voice of Bhavishya.

Sophie POV

"Get off our island! There is no Team Metallium member on this island," snarled Sophie.

Ping shrugged. "We were given the authority to look for the Team Metallium member on this island. So you can't send us off," she replied smoothly. Sophie wanted to take the girl's head and bash it against a wall.

"We'll be back soon. Goodbye," Ping's mother waved before getting up and leaving. Ping had a smug look plastered on her face, which Sophie wanted to slap right off.

Ali sounded exhausted by the time Ping was gone. "What are we gonna do? Don't you think there could actually be a Team Metallium member on this island?" asked Ali. Lexi tapped her finger on the table. "Probably not. But at the same time, the chances of having a Team Metallium member on this island is possible," she replied.

"Lugia will fly by very soon, according to the predictions," began her Grandma. "And I am very sure that this Team Metallium excuse is Ping's reason to be on the island. I believe that she is after the mighty Lugia," continued the old woman.

Sophie was confused. Her Grandma sounded right, but the chances of Team Metallium being on the island stills existed.

" I will have investigations carried out, " suggested her uncle. Marc seemed pretty unfazed by the entire situation, leading to a building suspicion from Sophie. But she couldn't believe she was being suspicious of him at all.

"I can lead the investigations," chipped in Marc. Everyone nodded as Marc left to garner information.

Sophie was still thoughtful. Her Grandma was right. Lugia was probably a reason why Ping was here, but why would Ping use Team Metallium as an excuse, instead of the usual," We are here for business" excuse or something.

Sophie was too tired to care. Dana looked extremely pissed and slightly scared, while Lexi and Izzy just disappeared into the halls. Sophie decided she was just gonna carry out whatever activities she planned on the island and drop the entire issue.

Next chapter:

Just the adventures of Sophie and the people she brought to the island. Also, Kelvin tries to help Jarrett with his new battle bond Greninja, while Grandma has a surprise for them.

Grandma POV

"Ooh, shiny. I think they'll like it."