Chapter 29

Sophie POV

Sophie was finally able to train with her pokemon for the next gym, the flying type gym.

"Alright, so flying types means Grovyle and Dartrix stay out. But that means... I have to catch something good against Flying types," she muttered as she led Houndour and Eevee along.

Eevee just purred and Houndour was barking excitedly.

She brought them into S'rakka forest but only ever found bug types which were easily taken down.

" Dour! "

Houndour turned around and barked towards some bushes as she looked carefully. "Shinx! I heard you had been released back into the wild," she murmured as she crouched next to the little lion pokemon to stroke it's head.

Shinx let a purr as she got up to leave but Shinx grabbed her pants wearily.

"Shinx?" she asked, confused.

Houndour nudged her forward as if all her pokemon were gesturing for her to follow so she withdrawed Eevee.

Slowly the trekked through the forest quietly and she noticed a strange building. It was deserted that was for sure.

Then she noticed th gianr white and silver M on the metallic tent.

"Team Metallium!" she gasped as she hurried over to inspect the building cautiously.

"What are these strange objects?" she muttered as she picked up a stone cautiously and she looked at Houndour.

"Uhh... What do I do with this," she asked in a hushed voice and Houndour knocked the stone of her hands as it crashed to the ground and split apart.

"Eh? A Z-crystal?" she checked it carefully.

"I can't tell what it is...but last time the Sumedha, Jarrett and Kelvin passed a Z-crystal to the head ranger corps... They took it forever, thus it never reappeared... I should just ask Professor Qing- Or Kelvin or Jarrett or someone else. Can I even trust Jackal?" she mumbled and scooped the stone into her bag before scampering back out of the forest.

" SHINX! " called Shinx as it hurtled after Sophie.

She stopped and turned. " You wanna stick with me? " she asked.

Shinx just watched her carefully. Sophie just threw her pokeball at Shinx as the pokeball covered Suinx in red light before it captured the Shinx. "A new team member! And it is electric type. Not bad, not bad," she giggled as she and Houndour hurried back the corps.

When she arrived, she was unable to say anything as Sumedha dragged her into the Ranger Corps room.

"WHAT THE HECK-"

She shut herself up the moment her eyes met with Jackal's. He glared at her coldly and she shuffled to move beside Sumedha cautiously.

"I have news for the six of you. I want you five to take this, since the five of you are the most experienced rangers we have in the corps," Jackal murmured.

She looked to her right, with Jarrett, Kelvin and Felix standing beside her with Sumedha and... VICTORIA??? on the other side.

They were each given a map. "What is this for?" Jarrett asked and he looked at them with mysterious eyes.

"You have to collect the stones of the shape like this," Jackal showed them strange looking pebbles before gesturing for them to look at him again.

"This'll be no easy task. There are only 5 of these pebbles, and there is a guardian of each stone. Don't worry, for the one who fails, there is an egg as a reward anyways," Jackal grunted.

He looked at them with annoyance.

"GET GOING????"