Chapter 60

Felix POV

Felix hurled out his Nidoking, which he had recently evolved after Bangchan, his brother who sent him here, gave him one.

Nidoking flexed its muscles as it let out a low growl. Yu Xiang looked confused for some reason as he picked out Zangoose.

"Nidoking, toxic spikes!" ordered Felix as Nidoking let out a roar, hurling out purple spikes that scattered across the earth before it turned invisible. "What does toxic spikes do?" asked Yu Xiang, looking at Felix. "Uh...I'm not supposed to tell you," replied Felix, tilting his head slightly.

"Zangoose, metal claw!" yelled Yu Xiang suddenly as Zangoose leapt forward, its claw becoming metallic as it delivered a harsh swipe to Nidoking. "Brick break," commanded Felix as Nidoking's fist glows white and it delivers a harsh blow from the top, taking out Zangoose. Yu Xiang withdrew Zangoose as he frowned, before throwing out his Turtonator.

The moment Turtonator landed on the field, the toxic spikes reappeared and poisoned Turtonator, before disappearing. "Nidoking, earthquake!" ordered Felix as Nidoking stomped its leg on the ground and the earth began to shake violently, taking out Turtonator in one hit.

Yu Xiang's frown deepened as he returned Turtonator and threw out a Nidoqueen. "Ah, a battle of the Nido's," commented Hanlu. The spikes appeared again, but was unable to poison Nidoqueen, because it was a poison type. "Nidoking, earthquake!" ordered Felix as Nidoking stomped his foot down again, and the earth shook.

Kelvin tumbled off the bench with a screech as Jarrett burst into laughter, which only made Kelvin threaten to destroy his soul or something. Jarrett didn't stop laughing as Kelvin started screeching, only to get muffled by Sumedha, who looked like she was about to murder.

Nidoqueen managed to live the hit and fired back with earth power. The Nidoqueen slammed its fist against the earth as it began to glow yellow, causing the earth to crack as the golden light travelled forward and exploded beneath Nidoking, who barely tanked the hit.

"Brick break!" ordered both boys at the same time as Nidoking and Nidoqueen lunged, their fists glowing white. However, before Nidoqueen could hit Nidoking, the purple monster swung it's fist and punch Nidoqueen in the stomach and took it out. Yu Xiang looked extremely agitated as he withdrew Nidoqueen.

He flung out his last pokemon, a Drednaw, with a focus sash wrapped around it's neck.

"Drednaw, razor shell!" yelled Yu Xiang as Nidoking was struck with a painful blow, unable to continue fighting. "You did well mate. Alright, let's go, Manectric!" called Felix as he flung out Manectric.

"Wait, is electric good against water?" asked Yu Xiang as Felix looked at the Rangers. Sophie slapped her forehead and Jarrett was probably cursing, while Kelvin started mumbling under his breath. Sumedha and Hanlu looked like they were gonna start laughing but Andrew strangely didn't have a reaction.

"Manectric, discharge!" ordered Felix. Manectric howled as it released a volt of electricity and Drednaw survived with the help of the focus sash.

"Does everyone have a focus sash or...?" muttered Felix.

"Headbutt!" yelled Yu Xiang as Drednaw charged forward, bashing it's head against Manectric, who growled as it released a blast of electricity and took out Drednaw, who landed with a harsh thud on the ground.

Yu Xiang withdrew Drednaw and held his pokeball in his head quietly.

Sophie POV

"Aye, Ephraim. Who knew I'd be the one crushing you?" she chuckled as she took out Houndoom's pokeball. She eyed his belt and then looked at him. "Do you only have three pokemon?" she asked.