Chapter 37

Bhavishya POV

"GAVRIEL IS MISSING?" bellowed Jackal.

Sophie ducked her head in embarrassment. "Who was the last one to see Gavriel?" hollered Jackal. Jarrett was about to make a step forward but Bhavishya moved for timidly. "Uh...me, sir," she mumbled.

"YOU! Agh, I don't have any spare rangers for this! Go and look for him yourself!" he commanded and she cast a nervous look at Sophie.

"The rest of you, back to your duties!" yelled Jackal. As all the Rangers left Bhavishya turned to leave when she felt Jackal tap her shoulder and she turned. "Sorry for yelling. I...Was too fixated on trying to look for Gavriel. You know what? Take this," Jackal sighed as he passed her a strange looking device.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" she asked as she examined the device carefully. "It's a Pokenav, which helps you navigate your way around. Gavriel probably isn't far from here, so you should get to work," he responded softly. 

As she was leaving, she could hear Jackal talking to his Noivern, who was in the room.

"Noivern...Am I becoming too harsh again, like when I was Head Ranger back at Eulogia Academy?"

Bhavishya slipped out of the room quietly before heading to her dorm to pack up and get a move on. "I got Delcatty, Butterfree and...ehhhh...Chikorita," she sighed. Chikorita had still refused to listen to her, and she gave up trying. Bhavishya had recently purchased a moon stone to evolve Skitty into Delcatty. After bringing enough clothes, money and supplies for about two days, which was way more than she needed as she was only going on a one day trip, she let out Delcatty and headed out.

As she was leaving, a boy she had seen in school before approached her. 

"Uh...My name is Xin Ming, and you must be the one looking for Gavriel."

Gavriel POV

"Rune Labs..." he muttered to himself. "Father is there," he shuddered. Anxiousness swelled in his chest. He was nervous to meet his father again.

He arrived right in front of the lab after a long flight on Corviknight. After heaving in a gentle breath of air, he knocked on the door.

The door slowly opened as Gavriel looked at the person in front of him cautiously. "Uhh...hello? May I know who you are and why you are visiting?" the man asked politely. "Uhm...Do you by chance know someone called Professor Richard?" he asked.

"He's the head scientist of our lab... Professor Richard, someone's here to see you!" yelled the man loudly.

"My name is Haider. Good to meet you," introduced Haider. "I'm Gavriel- Dad?" Gavriel was cut off as Professor Richard walked out. "Gavriel!" exclaimed Professor Richard. "Haider, please return to the task you had at hand. I need to speak to this boy privately," he ordered. Haider bowed before disappearing into the lab.

"Dad, I- How- What? Weren't you arrested by Rangers?" spluttered Gavriel, his voice cracking. "Rangers...? No, I was never taken by them. In fact, I thought they took you!" Professor Richard voiced worriedly.

"It's been 7 years since I've seen you," continued the Professor as he embraced his son. "I saw you leave with the Rangers. I thought they took you away," Gavriel explained nervously. "I saw the Rangers take you away from me. I demanded help from the Ranger Corps, and some Ranger by the name Jackal said he found you and was going to get you back to me. Where did you go?" Professor Richard muttered with a grim tone.

"Ahh, so that's why Ranger Jackal was so nervous about your disappearance, Gavriel."

Gavriel turned to the sound of Bhavishya, who looked exhausted. "I know you're gonna ask how did I find you. Some boy named Xin Ming told me you were here and Butterfree flew me over," Bhavishya drawled proudly.