Chapter 8

Sophie POV
"THERE'S SOMEONE INJURED HERE!"
Sophie spun to the sound.
Ranger Ixuv was waving her hands frantically and they hurried over.
"It's... Sivanjali ?" gasped Meena as Ixvu scooped her up.
"She's not very badly injured. But her Fomantis had fainted on the ground.
With a deep throated growl Ixuv heaved Sivanjali onto the stretcher Ranger Jamie had brought over.
" Who was last with her? " asked Ixuv.
" Ezanne and I, " came a voice.
" Dhee?"
"We were doing double battle training but Sivan said she wanted to come and submit her form here. After she left she didn't return so here we are," Ezanne said.
Dhee POV
"We're up for this," laughed Ezanne and Dhee nodded.
"C'mon Cleffa!" called Ezanne.
"Litleo let's go!" Dhee yelled.
"Zubat!"
"Rattata!"
Yuanzheng and Tharanee looked on their pokemon proudly.
Dhee just smirked. They had chosen Cleffa because of the excellent coordination Cleffa could offer for the team. A mere Zubat and Rattata could never beat them, they thought.
"I will act as referee for this battle!" Announced Sophie. "...battle begin!"
*Trainer battle music plays*

"Okay let's go! Ember!" called Dhee as Litleo dived forward and fired a blast of fire. Zubat flew aside just in time but Rattata was struck.
"Confuse Ray, Zubat!" called Yuanzheng as the Zubat came forward and fired the ray which struck Cleffa.
Rattata used quick attack and lunged, slamming against Litleo, who staggered as it took the blow.
"Cleffa, heal pulse!" called Ezanne as Cleffa fired a pink-ish beam which hit Litleo. The strange energy sank into Litleo's fur, healing the blow that Litleo took.
"What the hell?" Tharanee spluttered in frustration as Yuanzheng formulated a plan.
He whispered it to Tharanee and Tharanee nodded. "Rattata, grab Cleffa now! Use Hyper fang!" he called as Rattata sprang forward and lunged.
Litleo tried to use ember as Dhee had ordered quickly to stop the Rattata but the Rattata grabbed the Cleffa in its jaws and leapt away from the ember, flinging the Cleffa into the air as it shrilled. "Now, air cutter!" Yuanzheng commanded Zubat. Zubat started flapping rapidly, producing sharp waves of air that hit both Litleo and Cleffa. "Litleo, takedown!" Dhee called. "Rattata, face it head-on with crunch!" Yuanzheng countered. Both jumped into the air and charged. Just before they collided, Dhee ordered: "Now, Litleo! Dive to the ground!" Rattata looked down in astonishment. Dhee smirked at Yuanzheng, whose mouth was agape. "Litleo! Use the momentum and aim a take down straight at Rattata's belly!" Litleo launched itself straight up to Rattata, knocking it out of the sky. Rattata immediately fell to the ground unconscious. "Rattata is unable to battle!" Sophie cried out. Litleo skilfully stabled itself on it's four feet. Suddenly, it staggered and crashed to the ground. "Litleo is also unable to battle! A double knockout!" Dhee's initial smile wavered and her earlier confidence vanished. "How...?" She choked out. "Hah! Ignorant fool! Learn your moves before using them, newbie!" Yuanzheng snickered. Dhee turned red with anger and clenched her fists till her knuckles turned white. "Why you..." she growled. Facepalming, sophie walked over to Dhee and held her back before she could rush Yuanzheng. "Take down is an extremely strong move, but if it hits, the user will take high recoil." She explained. Dhee folded her arms in annoyance with a "Hmph." "Back to the battle! Battle resume!" Sophie called. "It's all up to you, Zubat! Toxic!" Tharanee said as Zubat spat out a toxic substance to Cleffa. "You can't dodge this as toxic used by a poison type can't miss! Hah!" Tharanee said. Cleffa fell back as it was hit by the toxic substance. "Grrr... Cleffa, use Magical leaf!" Ordered Ezanne. Cleffa shot multiple sharp leaves at Zubat, but Zubat seemed almost unaffected. "4× resistance... what are you even thinking??" Tharanee sniggered. "Gah!" Ezanne scratched her head. "Don't give them a chance! Zubat, wing attack!" Cleffa cried out as it took a direct hit. "Cleffa, counter!" Ezanne said. However, instead of aiming towards Zubat, Cleffa slammed it's head to the ground. "I forgot! Cleffa is still confused! What do I do..." Ezanne fumbled. "This battle's in the bag! Zubat, wing attack again and finish it!" Tharanee beamed. " I don't have any other choice... I didn't think I had to result to this... I just gotta try... Cleffa, Psyshock!" Ezanne countered. "What...?" Tharanee sputtered. Cleffa made psychic waves towards Zubat. Zubat fell down to the ground. "Yes! Cleffa didn't hurt itself! ... wait, Cleffa?" Ezanne stared at the similarly unmoving Cleffa on the ground. "I believe right after Cleffa used Psyshock, it took the toxic damage and fainted after" Sophie explained. "Nevertheless, Zubat fainted first followed by Cleffa, so this battle goes to Ezanne and Dhee!"