Chapter 32

Jarrett POV

Jarrett watched in horror as the metallic claw grabbed his Haunter's and Flaaffy's Pokeball and a metallic claw slammed right before him as he jumped backwards.

"EEVEE- NO GROVYLE-" Sophie screamed from behind.

Panic spread throughout the area as kids went screaming across the halls as more metal claws burst through the area, and no pokemon were able to be released due to the fear of getting them taken. "Admin Qao said to head out," grumbled Admin Xuan, a tall, blonde male who had a clean uniform and nametag.

Admin Uki, which Jarrett had seen before nodded as she threw her hands in a strange motion and the metal claws swung her out of the building.

"Dugtrio!" called Xuan as his Alolan Dugtrio waited for his orders.

"Sandstorm!"

Dugtrio whirled it's head about in circles as it stirred a massive sandstorm up and soon Jarrett could only hear the sounds of the metal claws as the sandstorm shook aggressively and billowed across the entire room and Jarrett had to duck under a gaping hole in the wall for cover. Sophie and Andrew were nowhere to be found and after about 10 minutes the storm died down as Jarrett coughed and fell out of the hole.

With a sand-coated, raspy voice, he called out for Andrew and Sophie and not long later the appeared, covered with thick sand. "Gah," Andrew spat the sand in his mouth out as Jarrett tried to regain composure, but losing Haunter and Flaaffy just made him fall on his knees.

"My Weedle was taken," groaned Andrew in slight pain as he dropped onto the rocky ground and pressed his ankle. "I think it got sprained because I fell getting thrashed by the Sandstorm," he grunted as he gripped his ankle.

"Team Metallium has actually gotten through the walls of the school to nab some pokemon successfully," said a voice.

Jarrett turned around to see Gavriel walk in. "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE UNDER ATTACK?" yelled Sophie as she grabbed his collar viciously. "Woah! Let go! I evacuated the other students. You can ask the others," he said gruffly.

He had a strangely calm voice as Jarrett watched him carefully as Andrew yelled for Sophie to let go and she shoved him back. She then turned to block her face from being seen, but it was obvious she was crying.

"I managed to get away before getting anymore pokemon taken away," he mumbled coldly, Aipom just sitting on his head. There was a loud 'BANG!' as Kelvin kicked the door down. "Sumedha is the only person I know that didn't get her pokemon taken but she with me the whole time-- NEVER MIND I FORGOT ABOUT GAVRIEL WHERE WERE YOU?" screamed Kelvin as he lifted the guy who was at least a head taller than him up and threw him to the ground.

"YOU'RE PART OF TEAM METALLIUM AREN'T YOU? YOU DISAPPEARED WHEN EVERYONE WAS FIGHTING FOR THEIR POKEMON!" yelled Kelvin as he threatened to kick Gavriel who managed to roll aside and smack Kelvin at the knees and caused the boy to fall.

Sumedha between Andrew and Jarrett to tend to their wounds as Ixuv, Jamie and Victoria walked in and many accusations were thrown at anyone who even studied at their school. Very soon their yelling got very vicious as Hanlu stood at the side watching in terror.

Hanlu had her shiny vulpix taken and was quietly standing at the side when Victoria accused her and she began cursing right back.

"ENOUGH!"

Sophie glared at them. "As Rangers and being part of the Ranger Corps we need to work together instead of insulting each other non-stop! Our Pokemon were taken but we can't just accuse each other because none of this is going to help. We need to begin investigations right away and arrange a separate group for helping arrange the lesson of the students and also help rebuild the school," she yelled.

Silence filled the sandy room.

"Jarrett, Kelvin and Ixuv, the three of you can work on trying to figure out where Team Metallium took our pokemon. On the other hand the remaining of you help me rearrange classes and work on rebuilding the school," Sophie ordered.

Meena POV

"WHAT?! WE'RE MERGING WITH 1/3?!?!"

"Till the school gets rebuilt, yes. Luckily none of the students got their pokemon taken," Sophie replied Jayden Cai's outburst.

Meena could see Sophie's sadness glimmering from her eyes, due to the loss of Eevee and Grovyle. But she had stayed strong to help with keeping the students in check.

" The Rangers taking this class are... Me, Sumedha, Andrew and Hanlu," she continued, her voice giving away her exhaustion.

Meena looked at all four rangers, and when her eyes landed on Andrew, he was discussing something with Sumedha before he lifted his vision and it landed on her.

She instantly looked away and felt a gentle punch on her shoulder.

"Oooooo," cooed Julien and Bhavishya cracked up hard.

"H-hey! What's so funny?" she snapped and Bhavishya and Julien just kept giggling.

Meena felt her face heat up as she rolled her eyes and heard a cough from behind her.

"Meena."

She whirled around and Andrew was standing right before her.

"You and your friends feeling okay? Sophie said to come check up on you three for her," he rumbled.

Sophie smirked from behind and Meena nearly lashed out at her but bit her lip as she nodded.

He shrugged and walked away before laughter erupted from behind her.

" WAHAHAHAHA-" Julien cackled before Bhavishya had to silence her by placing her hand over Julien's mouth and muffling her.

"GAH!" she yelled.

Then Meena's eyes landed on Gavriel. He was playing with Aipom, and a strange chill overcame her.