Chapter 49

Jarrett POV

"Greninja, water shuriken!" Jarrett yelled as Houndoom fired a huge blast of fire. The water shurikens couldn't stop the crazed fire blast because Greninja had yet to enter battle bond and thus the power of Mega Evolution had overwhelmed and evaporated the water shurikens. 

Jarrett moved to take a step back, but a boy behind him was frozen in fear. "Sumedha, move these idiots into the shelter," he snarled as Sumedha tried to move them. Some of them wanted to run into the jungle for some reason, while others were stuck in place. 

"It's not helping when someone has gone berserk and you idiots aren't getting into the darn shelter! Gengar, listen to my heart, mega evolve!" called Kelvin as Gengar was yet again shrouded in golden light. 

Houndoom crouched in a hunting position while Gengar faced it readily when suddenly a blast of dark matter appeared behind Houndoom and fired straight at Gengar, sending the pokemon toppling over. "We must make use of this crazy girl to take down these rangers and capture these people," came a voice.

"You two! You kidnapped me," Sumedha hissed furiously as her hand reached for a pokeball. "Take out another pokeball and we'll have your berserk friend here culled," snickered one of them. Their collars were labelled Lina and Amelia, and they looked exactly the same.

"Twins? Well that's pretty rare," commented Jarrett. "Clearly you have forgotten about Sophie, who is an unidentical twin," replied Sumedha. "Do you two enjoy having random conversations in a rough situation? Or am I supposed to be the weird one???" Kelvin screamed furiously. 

Before Jarrett could even think of a response, another blast of fire erupted from Houndoom, which struck Greninja. Sophie staggered slightly as Jarrett noticed her eyes clearing. She shook her head rapidly, as if trying to snap out of whatever state she was in, before her eyes clouded again and the same crooked smile returned to her face. 

"Dark pulse!" she shrieked as Houndoom reared up and blasted a huge blast of dark matter again. "Steelix, use dark pulse too," snapped Amelia as the giant metal pokemon fired a dark pulse too. Both struck Gengar, who was already trying it's best to rival the unfair matchup. 

Clearly the battle was between Greninja, Gengar and Houndoom, but whenever they tried to strike, Steelix would interfere. "Greninja, water shuriken on that Steelix!" commanded Jarrett, trying not to lose his temper. 

"Aggron, protect!" interjected Lina as she flung out her dusk ball and out emerged Aggron, who formed a shield and protected Steelix from getting hit. "OH CUT IT OUT!" screeched Jarrett in annoyance. Sumedha managed to throw out her Riolu while Jarrett was busy cursing at them. 

"Don't you dare try any other silly moves, Sumedha, we have backup incoming. You do know Team Metallium will do whatever it takes to win, even if it means playing dirty. Steelix, stealth rock!" giggled Lina as Steelix formed some spiky rocks and hurled it at the ground. The rocks then faded from view and went invisible. 

Jarrett needed Greninja to use battle bond, but at the moment it wasn't working. He couldn't seem to activate it. 

"What are you little peeps gonna do now?"

Sophie POV

Sophie felt her eyes clear slightly as she looked up to see Sumedha, Jarrett, Kelvin and a Steelix??? She opened her mouth to speak as she tried to shake the haziness from her mind, but her throat felt dry. Another jab of pain stabbed through her head and she tried to gasp for air as her eyes clouded again. 

When she looked back up, her friends were gone. 

She could only feel Houndoom's presence and she was terrified. Then her friends came into view, but they were all frowning. She tried to yell, but the only thing she could strangely force herself to utter out was, "Flamethrower!"