Chapter 2

Still in Sophie POV
Chapter 2
Eyes lit up in amusement. They knew they shouldn't be surprised because obviously she was the biggest pokemon fan in class, blabbering about pokemon at every moment she could snag. They didn't know she was picked as a Ranger though.
"Meet my partner in mentoring every single one of you, Houndour," she smiled as she flung out her pokeball as Houndour burst forth.
"Rrr, dour!" it exclaimed.
"It's adorable!" squealed some high pitch voice at the back of the class.
"Don't worry all of you will get a pokemon by today, anyways we have to do a short quiz," she mumbled as she gave out the papers.
It was a 2 page quiz and she collected it after 30 mins of unpacking the heavy load of supplies she had.
Then she played the introduction videos in the Pokeslide, checking thoroughly.
She marked up the homework, which she found was really easy but somehow, just somehow, THAT MEENAKSHI COULD GET LIKE A 1/30.
(lol I'll write a character intro I just lazeeeeee)
She marked it under 10 minutes since it was just fill in the blanks (strangely meena did so badly the only 3 things she wrote right was her name, class and question 1, which was a multiple choice she probably guessed) (meena don't kill me)
"Alright, it's time to hand you your pokedexes. They are electronic computerised hand held machines used to identify pokemon, interact with trainers globally and carry out trade," she said.
She then read out the labels of the different coloured pokedexs.
"Red - Only for Rangers.
Blue - for the quite knowledgable but not Rangers because they aren't up to that standard yet. For boys.
Green - Same as blue but for girls.
Yellow - averagely knowledgable. For girls
Brown - same as yellow, for boys
Grey - doesn't know anything. For boys
Black - same as grey, for girls," she read out.
"Hm, so this is mine," she mumbled as she scooped the only red pokedex out and placed it on her belt.
"Jayden Cai, Jayden Mark, Jaaziel and Jovina, please step up," called Sophie as she handed out the blue and green pokedexs.
(OK so OK cai and jm and Jaaziel know pokemon well but Jovina I just feel like she'd study it)

"Next we have Tharanee, Jianing, Jialei and Aqeel," she said as she handed the brown and yellow pokedexs out.
"And the rest of you get black and grey," she called.
"Now, we're gonna get you your pokemon let's go," called Sophie as she led with Houndour to the newly built miniature forest outside their school called S'rakka forest. (Idk why I named it that live with it)
"So, I want you to go in and catch a pokemon. They released a bunch of friendly pokemon who want trainers in the forest. Each of you get one pokeball and if you miss just pick the pokeball back up," she explained.
Her classmates disappeared into the forest and she looked at Houndour.
"Let's go look for someone. Sniff the way," she instructed as Houndour sniffed the floor and followed a trail until she arrived right before Julien.
Julien was staring at a Pidove. The FACT that they looked the same made Sophie nearly crack up. Julien brought up the pokedex and stared at it before pressing a button and loud music burst from the little machine. She panicked and pressed another button, which then it beeped. "Bring in front of pokemon."
She brought the pokedex up and scanned the Pidove. She listened to the explanation before she began to try to catch it. However she dropped her pokeball and Pidove flew up and dived for her, aiming to grab the pokeball. It managed to latch its talons on it and she let out a yell as she grabbed the pokeball and began a tug of War with the Pidove.
The pokeball then opened as the red light swallowed the Pidove up. Pidove didn't try to break free. It was as if the stupid incident led Pidove to believe that this was its chosen trainer.
After Sophie checked on many students she got out of the forest and blew her whistle.
All the students soon emerged, covered in mud and grime.
"How did you manage this mess?" spluttered Sivanjali as she pushed the mud of her shoulders. "You can compare pokemon. Be sure to use your pokedex and press the grey button to scan your pokemon and see the move sets. We'll be having battles later. Don't press the red button it plays loud Rick Roll and don't press the blue button it plays rock music, " she instructed after reading the instruction manual of the pokedex.
Julien look embarrassed as she explained the instructions and Sophie then looked up. "Who's up for a battle?" she asked.
"Me," Pamela said as she got up. "Okay then. Houndour, you're up," Sophie murmured quietly.
Pamela didn't say anything except scan the Ralts standing beside her.
"Disarming voice!" called Pamela as her Ralts began to sing loudly as the sound waves slammed against Houndour, who didn't flinch. "Fairy is good against dark. Good choice," she mumbled. "Hmm," she wondered as Pamela ordered Ralts to use confusion, an attacking move which could stand a chance to confuse the enemy.
It landed and Houndour just narrowed its eyes.
"Psychic has no effect against dark types. Using a fairy move instead of using confusion, a psychic move, was not the best thing you could have done. Houndour begin running!" she ordered.
Houndour got up and began to sprint around Ralts.
"Disarming voice!" called Pamela. Sophie could tell she was panicking.
Houndour leapt away from the blast and behind Ralts. "Bite!" called Sophie.
"Double team!" yelled Pamela. Ralts manage to form many fake copies of itself.
"Houndour ember!" called Sophie as Houndour fired blasts of flames at every single copy until it hit Ralts.
Ralts fell to the ground and was getting up when Sophie called for Houndour to use bite again, which landed.
Ralts fainted and the battle was over.
"Not bad at all! The double team to save Ralts from the bite. However bite is a dark move and is super effective on Pyshic. Lucky you Ralts is fairy typed too, and resists dark," Sophie explained. She narrowed her eyes at her classmates.
"Take down some notes?" she rumbled and they quickly grabbed notepads out to write on. Well except Meena, she was staring off into space.
"We have a surprise planned for you tomorrow. Get ready. Here's some pokeballs for each of you if you know how to catch a pokemon and want to," said Sophie as she walked away with Meena and Julien.
"I can't wait for tomorrow. I wonder what the surprise is!" squealed Julien. "Damn. Won't spoil it to you though," Sophie laughed but her laughter was cut off with her loud "OOMPH!" as she felt a harsh blow to her side and she fell down.
"An Eevee!" yelped Meena.
"How'd you know?" asked Julien.
"Tried chasing one but i dropped my pokeball and tripped over it," chuckled Meena as Houndour lunged forward to growl at the Eevee.
"Houndour ember!" she called and Houndour opened its clenched jaws and fired a blast of fire which struck the Eevee. It hissed and used swift, a normal move which fires stars out to hit.
"Ember again!" called Sophie, determined in making Eevee part of her team.
Eevee hissed as the fire blocked its flurry of stars and formed a silver glow around it, speeding up and using quick attack, which was the faster version of tackling your opponent down.
Houndour was knocked over as it flailed its paws wildly.
It staggered up and charged, sinking its teeth into Eevee and releasing a blast of electricity.
"You were bred out? These are egg moves! Since Thunder Fang is a move you learn by breeding. Show me what else you got!" she said excitedly.
" Great, thunder fang!" Houndour leapt aside from Eevee's attempt to bite and used its thundery fang on Eevee.
Eevee tried to move but the electricity made it become paralysed.
(In the world of pokemon, the paralysis of a pokemon makes sure the pokemon can't move but not all the time. Sometimes the pokemon will be unable to attack due to the static, but sometimes it can. The paralysis doesn't mean paralysed for life. This makes it easier to catch pokemon too)
She aimed and flung her pokeball and captured it quickly.
"Yes!" she smiled as she scooped the pokeball up.
Julien and Meena just stood there in awe.
"Woah. That was way more vicious then the battle with you and Pam," Meena commented. "I'm surprised you aren't staring into space again. Pfft," Sophie chuckled.