Chapter 51

Hello to those reading! I wanted to change the picture of this story so if you have any suggestions I hope you can forward them to me :D

Kelvin POV

Kelvin tried to creep behind the Banette which was eating a berry, about to grab out his pokeball when the ground beneath him caved in. "EH-" he yelped as he tumbled into the ditch and got trapped between brambles. "UH? HELP?" he yelled after many failed attempts at struggling out of the brambles. He tried to reach for his pokeballs, but was unable to.

"Need help?" called a voice. 

Kelvin looked around but saw nobody. "What the hell?" he tried to move but the brambles got tighter. Some scratched his skin as he winced in pain before the voice said, "Drifblim, use psychic."

The brambles loosened and Kelvin tumbled deeper into the ditch. "HOW IS THAT HELPING???" he screamed furiously. "Sorry, I wasn't clear with instructions. Drifblim, lift him out the ditch," chuckled the voice. Kelvin was lifted out, covered in scratches. "Not funny," he snapped as he looked at the trainer sitting on a Drifblim. "Hi! I'm Rui, and I'm a cousin of Sophie's," he introduced. "I swear, she's related to so many people that I don't even know everyone on the island. And it's already been some time," he grumbled. "I don't blame you. Everyone in this family has many relatives. I don't even remember all my cousins," he replied as he hopped of the ghostly balloon. 

"What were you even doing in that ditch?" he asked as the pair began heading towards the hall. "I was trying to catch a Banette. I fell into a ditch and it disappeared," he explained, trying not to get embarrassed in the process. 

"Huh. You mean this Banette?" Rui questioned as he held out his pokeball and pressed the button on it. The exact same Banette popped right out, pissing Kelvin off. "Well...yes," he muttered as he began stomping towards the hall.

"You seem to like ghost types. Maybe wee could go to the ghostly cave at the far end of the island? There's tons of ghost types there. We could go right after dinner!" Rui suggested, eyes lighting up. "Heck yeah!" whooped Kelvin as the two began doing some excited chanting. Sophie walked out, took one glimpse of them, before turning around and walking away while cursing. All Kelvin heard was her saying, "Why did I have to wake up to this?"

Jarrett POV

Jarrett was eating with Sumedha and Jayden, gulping down the marvelous curry prepared by the chefs. The spicy flavour burned his taste buds, but the taste was absolutely wonderful. He couldn't resist taking scoop after scoop of the food. 

"Slow down, eager bidoof," chortled Jayden. Sumedha had gotten a sweet curry, since she was stuffed up after eating the spicy curry the previous day. She was slowly chewing and swallowing the food, so as to savour the curry. 

"SLOW DOWN? Dude, you've eaten all your curry already," he rasped before finishing the remaining scraps of curry in two famished gulps. 

"Still hungry? You can go order more," Sumedha pointed out. 

Jayden instantly got up and ran off to grab another plate, before Isabelle and Angel appeared. "Sumedha, we should get to training. C'mon," Isabelle called. "Jarrett, Munchlax needs training too," Angel said in a calm tone. Jarrett instantly nodded. 

He desperately wanted Munchlax to evolve, since the fat little chump has yet to even bother learning new moves. However, under Snorlax and Angel's training, Munchlax was motivated to continue training. 

When they arrived at the training grounds, Jarrett noticed how Sumedha and Isabelle were on the far end, a Lucario and Riolu running from one end of the court to the other. "Focus, Jarrett," growled Angel as her usually gentle and calm eyes lose a bit of it's glow. Jarrett let out Munchlax and she released Snorlax and Heracross.