Chapter 35

Sophie POV

She knew her cousin was loud. Like very loud. But she didn't expect her to be so loud that she was scaring all the Pidoves away.

"AND THEN THERE WAS THE ONE TIME I JUST THREW HIM OFF! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON HIS FACE!"

"Threw who off? I can't even understand-"

"You're so lame, jeez," Dana slapped Sophie's back harshly and the girl stumbled forward.

"Ack, my back," she groaned.

"And you must be...Dana?" Sophie looked up to a familiar face. "And you must be the fire gym leader! Hello, I am Dana," she chuckled. "How do you know my cousin?" Sophie asked curiously. "Haven't you heard? She's a very popular fire specialist. I want to challenge her," Natalle explained quickly.

"I guess we can do that," Felix said as he looked at his watch. "I know you want to watch your cousin battle. I'll take the pokemon back to the others," Felix said as a small smile emerged on his face. Sophie nodded and returned the smile, while Natalle and Dana burst into giggles at the side. "I swear I will hit you," Sophie said as her look darkened whilst glaring at them, raising her fist with a threatening stance.

"Jeez, let's get onto the battle," sneered Dana, her eyes rolling so hard that Sophie wouldn't have been surprised if it rolled all the way to the back of her head.

"Alright then. Three versus three, how bout that?" asked Natalle. Dana just shrugged. "You irresponsible slug, just agree!" yelled Sophie. Dana chuckled creepily as the two cousins glared at each other with equal amounts of irritation.

Natalle let out an awkward laugh and said, "I guess it's three versus three."

"Aight, sure thing good madam," Dana replied. "Why you gotta speak like that?" asked Sophie.

"Like that?"

"That."

"YOU GOT AN ISSUE?"

"YEAH!"

"YOU WANNA FIGHT?"

"OH GLADLY-"

"Ahem," Natalle scratched the back of her neck awkwardly as she cast a look at them. "Sorry." Both girls apologised simultaneously.

"Magmar, you go first," Natalle whispered asher Magmar burst out, the fire on it's tail blazing brightly. "Okay then, Camerupt!" Dana hollered excitedly as the giant camel pokemon emerged and landed heavily on the battlefield.

"I guess I'll start! Magmar, use brick break!"

Magmar lunged, aiming it's hand to hit the Camerupt, who was struck. The giant camel let out a loud bellow as Dana smirked and called, "Earthquake!"

Camerupt slammed it's hoof and bellowed again as the earth shook viciously and Magmar crashed backwards, yelping as it tried to stabilize. "Let's go for another one!" called Dana and the earth shook again, causing Magmar to roll backwards and barely managed to get onto it's feet again.

Natalle frowned and ordered a hyper beam and Magmar blasted the massive Camerupt with a very harsh blow, causing the camel to stagger. 

Magmar dropped to a knee, having to recharge power before it could attack again. "Huh. Does this Magmar have a fire type move on it?" Dana asked curiously.

"Well of course. Lava plume," Natalle replied. "Sucks to suck, but I don't think your Magmar can continue. Camerupt, flame burst!"

Camerupt fired out two blasts of fire from the two small volcanos on it's back and Magmar tried to get up but the flame burst hit and Magmar fell to the side, fainting. "Darn..." Natalle looked at Magmar as it became red energy as she withdrew it.