Chapter 13

Sumedha POV

She quietly watched as Jarrett left. Obviously it was for the Ranger Corps Ceremony, for Kelvin. And she personally didn't feel like going. She sighed as she headed home and entered her house. It was silent, due to the anger from her family members. 

She entered her room, silently wishing she could just flee.

Well, she could. It was stressful at home. She wasn't gonna leave forever. She just wanted to disappear for a while. One of her brother noticed her leaving and signalled for her other brother to follow them.

"Uhm Sumedha...I'm sorry if we made you fight with mommy and daddy..." said one boy, tears obviously about to spill onto his cheeks. "It's not- yes it is your fault. Just behave okay? I'll ask the ranger corps to give you pokemon to train with," she said and patted their heads and they hugged her. "We can't stop you, can we?" he other brother asked.

"Yacob, Daniel, you can't change my decision, but you can be good little boys and not tell mommy or daddy. Let them figure it out on their own," Sumedha hugged them tightly before getting up and tightening the belt on her waist before leaving. 

She opened the back door and headed into S'rakka forest's deepest mound.

Kelvin POV

Kelvin dived off the stage on and onto the ground to follow the course of the desperate cries of help.  He looked out of the smashed window right outside the ceremony room and spotted a Skarmory carrying a few people towards an airship.

"Team Metallium!" shrieked Opal and Kelvin nearly turned to hit her and shut her up. "Drifloon! Fly me up there!" yelled Kelvin as he literally threw himself out the window and hurled his pokeball, panicking for a few seconds that Drifloon didn't catch him before he felt the string-like arms of Drifloon latch to his shoulders and slowly fly him up.

Jarrett, who was on Staraptor and Sophie, who was on Charizard, which obviously they borrowed from Opal, were just watching him slowly float up.

"What?" Kelvin hissed. "At least I don't have to borrow something to fly me up do I?" he replied snarkily and Sophie just chuckled before guiding Charizard upwards.

(Just an author's note, if ya wanna maybe join the fandom or at least know what I'm blabbering about, i recommend you look up what these pokemon are)

Sumedha POV

She stumbled through the weeds as she navigated her way around the dim caverns beneath S'rakka forest when she heard a crackle of noise. Confused, she turned and came face to face with a pokemon.

Yellow, slender and cat-like, she could easily tell what it was. "A Zeraora! Woah- I must have it," she rumbled as she hurled Espurr out. 

Espurr hissed and glared at it's obviously bigger opponent, who instantly lunged for fury swipes, which Espurr leaped away from. "Use confusion!" she called and Espurr fired the purple-pink beam which hit the Zeraora, and made the pokemon confused.

"Yes, it's confused-" she was cut off when Zeraora used spark and zapped Espurr, causing Espurr to fall flat on it's face.  Zereora's paw glowed as it lunged for a thunder punch, which Espurr rolled out of the way of. 

"Scratch!" she called and Espurr lunged, delivering a fierce swipe to Zeraora's back. 

Zerarora formed another thundery punch but in confusion, slammed the thunder punch on itself and crashed to the ground, giving Sumedha the chance to throw an ultra ball to ensure the capture. "Yeah! Got it!" she whooped excitedly. Espurr chirped and she stroked it's head gently.

"Welcome to the team, Zereora," she said to the new member of her team.

Afterwards, she let all her pokemon out and set up the tent she snuck out, before laying down her sleeping bag and the pokemats (a bed for pokemon) and added blankets on top of it. She let all her pokemon out to rest on the mats and set a small campfire outside and sat on the ground as she boiled water in the small pot she took with her. (Yeah she took quite a bit of stuff)

Sophie POV

"Charizard, flamethrower!" called Sophie as Charizard fired blaze after blaze of fire and took out the Skarmory's beneath it. She scanned the ground below and noticed a little Treecko panicking on the ground as Charizard's fire was scaring it.

She instantly told Charizard to stop and dived down, scooping the Treecko into her arms. "Rowlet, c'mon out and help comfort this lil' guy while I finish the battle," she murmured as Rowlet burst out and instantly snuggled against Treecko, the cute ball of feathers purring.

"Seriously why does my Rowlet purr," she laughed and made Charizard use dragon claw as it slammed an incoming Skarmory down. "We're gonna suffer if we don't get rid of all these Skarmory!" yelled Jarrett over the sound of battle. 

"How are we supposed to stop them all? It's literally a never-ending wave of Skarmory!" yelled Kelvin. "We gotta try to take the airship down!" Sophie called and the three, well Jarrett and Sophie were already speeding towards the Team Metallium ship while Kelvin slowly floated up to the ship and Sophie called, "Flamethrower!"

Charizard's jaws parted and a huge burst of fire was struck, causing the steel of the ship to become weak. "Steel wing!" Jarrett screamed over the sound of Skarmory and the airship was sliced into half on one side.

"Drifloon, shadow ball!"

"Charizard! Flamethrower!"

Huge blazes struck the Airship with a small shadow ball following and the Airship split. The heat waves were huge and Sophie wrapped her arms around Rowlet and Treecko, shielding them from the blast.

As they landed, Sophie let go of the Treecko, who looked at her with great emotion in it's eyes. She held out a pokeball and it nodded, so she threw the pokeball and captured the Treecko.

"I could have saved the Treecko too," snapped Kelvin and Sophie turned to glare at him. "Shut up!" she retorted. "What, no, it's my mouth, not yours," he snarled. "You serious right now? I was the-" she was cut off when Jarrett grabbed both their collars. "Stop fighting," he grumbled.

"OH SO NOW THE TALL GUY IS GONNA PREACH TO USE NOW HUH?" they both snapped at the same time. 

Jarrett instantly dragged their collars back and released it, causing them both to fall.

"Oi!" Kelvin yelled and the three began to argue as Opal, in embarrassment,  lugged them away back to the HQ.

Jarrett POV

He was already annoyed enough. Everything was irritating him that day and he nearly flipped a table when Ixuv told him to help her.

"The next double battle tournament is in no time. We should get training and you should catch a new pokemon," Kelvin said.

"Oh I already did. A Mareep," Jarrett replied. "How come I didn't hear about it?" Kelvin pressed. "What, I'm supposed to tell you everything?" he growled. Kelvin shrugged before he set his mug down and blinked.

"Wait a second...where is Sumedha?" Kelvin asked. "Wasn't she at your ceremony- wait she wasn't. She was not even at the huge battle against the Skarmory horde," Jarrett paused before panic flooded him. 

Instantly he shoved the table, which knocked against Kelvin. He had been too caught up with the recent battle and events to notice her disappearance. "Woah, woah chill bro," Kelvin began but Jarrett just shot him a death glare.

He grabbed his pokeballs and returned Froakie to the pokeball before pushing past Kelvin and out of the building.

"Where is she?!"