Chapter 30

Sumedha POV

Sumedha slowly trailed into the Cavern of Wishes. "What a cringey name they gave the cave," she muttered as she slowly slunk in and spotted the pebble sitting on the floor, exposed. "Well uh... I'm gonna go get it then," she mumbled and as she walked over before suddenly a fire blast exploded in front of her and she screamed as she leapt backwards.

"WHAT THE HECK-" she dived away from another blast. She looked up to see, which was probably the guardian of the cave, a Salazzle.

It roared as it lunged and Sumedha managed to hurtle back before she grabbed her pokeball and sent Riolu out.

"Riolu metal claw!" she yelled and Riolu lunged but Salazzle leapt aside and used poison gas, poisoning Riolu.

Riolu tried took damage from the poison and crashed to the ground as Salazzle lunged with a venoshock, instantly taking out Riolu.

"DARN IT!" she hissed and withdrawed Riolu. Salazzle lunged at her with a harsh venoshock and she got hit and crashed back.

She grunted as she scrabbled away from another venoshock and from her pokeball burst out Zeraora.

"This could work, spark!"

Zeraora's fur glowed as it leapt up and slammed it onto Salazzle, who roared and used incinerate, causing Zeraora to fall back.

The berry that Zeraora was holding onto burned up and Sumedha panicked.

"The oran Berry!"

Zeraora dived away from another fiery incinerate.

"Why didn't I think that Salazzle can learn use incinerate. It burns up the berry that my pokemon holds onto. Never mind, spark again!"

Zeraora's fur glowed as it lunged again but missed and Salazzle used poison gas and Zeraora crashed to the ground as it became poisoned.

" DARN IT! " she hissed as Salazzle smirked.

Salazzle then used mud slap and slapped Zeraora with a huge gush of mud that it fired and Zeraora crashed to the ground.

"Zeraora!" she gasped and it grunted as the poison effect activated again and it took damage from the poison.

It growled as it staggered back to it's paws. Salazzle lunged for another mud-slap but Sumedha called for a protect and protected itself when she called, "Quick attacl!"

Zeraora scrabbled to it's paws and leapt of the stone it was backed up against, and smacked Salazzle on the face at a blinding speed.

Salazzle attempted to use mud slap but Zeraora bounded aside and Sumedha instantly ordered for a power up punch, and Zeraora's fist glowed as it punched Salazzle in the face, raising it's attack by one stage.

(For those who don't get it a pokemon has different stats like attack, special attack, defense, accuracy blah blah blaahh and power up punch is an attack which raises the attack by one stage)

Salazzle lunged for another mud slap but Zeraora managed to side step the move and used spark and took out the Salazzle and she picked up the pebble excitedly.

Jarrett POV

He grumbled as he pushed past a giant boulder which was tall, grubby and covered with moss.

He walked out onto the open plains and looked around. "What the hell where is the stone?" he muttered.

Frogadier shrugged and Jarrett halted. "The map leads us here," he sighed before noticed vines shooting straight at his feet.