Chapter 54

Sophie POV

There was a tense silence as 1/4 watched Sophie and Natalle walk up to the battle grounds. The referee looked at them, before taking in a deep breath.

"BATTLE BEGIN!" ordered the referee as Natalle threw out her Magmar. Sophie picked out Eevee, and hurled out Eevee's pokeball.

"Magmar, fire punch!" ordered Natalle. Sophie grinned as the battle began. Magmar lunged, it's fist glowing as it lunged, landing a painful blow. "Eevee, sand attack!" she ordered as Eevee slammed her tail on the floor, kicking up the dirt, kicking the sand into Magmar's eyes. 

"Alright, follow up with a bite!" continued Sophie, biting her lip slightly as Eevee lunged, biting the Magmar's arm, causing the fire type pokemon to let out a croak of pain. "Throw the Eevee of and then follow up with a will-o-wisp!" yelled Natalle. Magmar shook it's arm viciously until it flung off Eevee, before creating purple fire around itself and shooting it at Eevee, burning the little normal type pokemon.

Eevee scrambled to it's feet, before it staggered slightly, taking damage from the burn. "Eevee, swift!" ordered Sophie as Eevee formed a bunch of stars around itself and fired it right at Magmar. Magmar attempted to dodge, but failed as the stars struck it in the head, causing it to fall down. "Magmar, mega punch!" ordered Natalle. Magmar charged, trying to land a harsh punch on the Eevee, but missing. Eevee then staggered again as the burn kicked in.

"This has gotten me all fired up! Pun intended," chuckled Natalle. Sophie's shoulders sagged. No offense but the joke was pretty lame. 

"Magmar, mega punch again!" ordered Natalle quickly as Sophie instructed Eevee to use sand attack. Eevee managed to smack even more sand into Magmar's eyes. Magmar croaked loudly as it missed another mega punch.

"Eevee, finish it off with a swift!" ordered Sophie as Eevee hurtled forward and fired another bunch of stars, taking out the magmar. "Nice, Eevee! Excellent," chuckled Sophie as Eevee let out a little squeal of joy.

"Alright, c'mon back. Luxio, you're up!" ordered Sophie as she returned Eevee to it's pokeball and flung out Luxio's one. Her electric type lion pokemon flexed it's mane proudly, doing a few swipes in the air and straightening it's tail. 

"I guess you should know who's next. Marowak!" cheered Natalle as she threw out Marowak's pokeball. It seemed like Natalle's spirits didn't dampen. 

Marowak waved it's fiery bone club in a few circles in front of itself and did a few spins. "Alright, let's do this! Marowak, let's start off with a flame wheel!" squeaked Natalle as Marowak waved it's bone club in the air for a bit, balancing on it's fiery bone and rolling forward, creating a a fiery wheel and it hit Luxio pretty harshly.

"Luxio, thunder wave!" ordered Sophie as Luxio released a wave of electricity. It hit, paralysing Marowak. "Luxio, follow up with bite!" ordered Sophie as Luxio lunged, sinking it's fangs into Marowak, causing the ghost type to take super effective damage. 

"Marowak, knock it off with bone rush!" cried out Natalle in alarm. Marowak threw off Luxio with two painful blows from it's bone club. "Flame wheel, again!" ordered Natalle as Marowak balanced onto it's bone. Then it froze and crashed back down, paralysis setting in. "Luxio, bite again!" ordered Sophie as Luxio rushed forward to bite the Marowak. 

Suddenly, a dark a aura formed around Marowak and then covered Luxio, causing Luxio's eyes to widen, unable to bite the Marowak anymore. "Drats, how did I forget about cursed body???" gasped Sophie, slapping her forehead in frustration. 

"Marowak, bone club!" ordered Natalle, however the Marowak was unable to move as paralysis continued to take effect. "That's good, I prepared thunder wave. Whew. Luxio, finish the Marowak off, use spark!" she pointed at the Marowak. Luxio nodded as electricity formed around itself and it slammed into Marowak, taking down the powerful ghost and fire type pokemon.