Chapter 1

Sophie woke up from her bed and excitedly flung open her windows. Nintendo had recently revealed they had been hiding pokemon and using pokemon as marketing tools. Even though Nintendo was still allowed to be a market the government's globally demanded release of these pokemon.
She knew that other countries already had pokemon as they were closer to Japan but she was very excited as today was the day the pokemon would arrive in her home country.
She scanned the outside of her house. Pidgeys and Spearows flying about and many people who already earned earned pokemon frolicking out with them.
She quickly ate her breakfast and made a mad dash for school. However, halfway to school her phone beeped.
She paused to take her phone out and she read the message.
"Report at the field," she read the message aloud and wondered what could possibly be happening.
As she reached school she noticed all her classmates going up to class. Confused she headed to the field anyways and was greeted by two tall adults she had never met before.
"Ehm, what?" she mumbled in surprise.
There were about 7 other kids there.
She noticed Jarrett, the only person she knew from the group.
"Hi? What's going on?" she asked as she was arranged to side beside him as she was from class 1/4 and he was from class 1/3.
"I thought you would know," he replied softly and she shrugged.
"You 7 are probably wondering why you're here today. It is because only the 7 of you of the sec 1s have passed the pokemon ranger test. The upper levels of Sec 2 and above apparently only have a total of 15 rangers picked. We also spoke to your families and all stated that you have been avid pokemon fans since young. Except your Jarrett but you're exceptionally skilled. Anyways, we have scripted your first lesson for the class. Here's a PowerPoint slide you can use. You can keep the Pokedrive. And next we need you to pick your very first pokemon. Here you go, here's the 7 of them. Make your pick," said one of the coaches.
Out from the 7 pokeballs burst out 7 pokemon.
Her eyes landed on a Houndour, which she instantly knew she wanted it.
Before she even moved a muscle, Houndour bounded towards her and sniffed her carefully before nuzzling her leg with its muzzle.
"Uhm, sir I think I'll have Houndour here," she called.
"Call me Ranger Frilly and call her Ranger Opal," he replied her and handed her Houndour's pokeball.
She patted the dark type dog on the head and returned it to the pokeball.
"Here's your equipment and the pokedexs to give your class. The colours have been labelled too. And here's the quiz you can use to gage who gets which pokedex," Ranger Opal said as she passed the newly picked Ranger a huge bag.
"Oh my god haha its heavy," Sophie chuckled as Opal just grinned. "Your bright attitude will get you far. C'mon, I'll help you return Houndour into the pokeball. And you can put of your ranger suit, we dropped off a few different suits back at home for you," Ranger Opal waved her hand as she explained before Sophie took the heavy bag and clothes and lugged it up to class, stopping by the washroom to change into the Ranger uniform. It was extremely comfortable and there was even shoes to go along with it.
" I have to say, I'm really impressed. And excited. My love for pokemon has finally been recognised as good," she mumbled quietly, even though her heart was thumping rapidly.
She lugged it to class where her two teachers, Mrs Goh and Mrs low stared at her.
" Sophie? What's all this? Are you part of the Ranger program globally?" asked Mrs Goh.
Sophie heaved the bag onto the table.
"Haghhhh, yes," she replied after she let out a loud hagh to take in breath.
Murmurs filled the class as Sophie wrapped her belt around her waist.
"Ah, you were the ranger picked for our class. Goodie! You can take the spotlight right now," Mrs Low exclaimed with slight excitement.
"Uhm, I was supposed to pass this to you two," she mumbled as she pulled out two pokeballs labelled "Mienfoo - Mrs Goh" and "Ekans - Mrs Low".
They took it and began to talk at the front of the class excitedly, like they always did.
Sophie sighed as she walked to the front of the class.
"Good morning 1/4, as you already know my name, I'm Sophie and I'm your pokemon ranger."