Chapter 34

Hanlu POV

(IM SORRY I KNOW THERE'S SO MANY POVS)

Hanlu let out a low breath before she threw herself across the ledge. She managed to scrabble onto the platform before clambering onto the pedestal.

She chased after the Rookidee which was flapping it's wings vigorously and flying away, Rowlet trailing after the Rookidee, trying it's best to keep up.

"Rowlet, shadow sneak!" 

Rowlet plunged into Rookidee's shadow and appeared before the blue bird pokemon and smacked the pokemon quickly. Rookidee flailed and pecked Rowlet viciously, causing the owl pokemon to fall slightly before flying back after Rookidee.

Hanlu was already running short on breath scrambling after the two small bird pokemon. "Shadow sneak again!" 

Rowlet plunged into the shadows and reappeared, sending Rookidee reeling backwards in panic, allowing Hanlu to hurl a pokeball and finally capture the Rookidee. 

She hunched over as she gave herself a short moment to breathe. Rowlet dropped onto her head and fell asleep instantly, snorting like a pig. After that, she travelled back to the Dojo, or the makeshift Dojo, to be more accurate.

"Hanlu! You're back, just in time. We're going to find Team Metallium as Ixuv and Kelvin found a base that might be holding the pokemon. And we're gonna need all the Rangers we have right now," Sophie said.

"How am I gonna get there? I don't have a travel Pokemon and Opal went berserk-"

"That's fine. Jackal is lending you his Flygon," Sophie said. "Ah, I see," Hanlu responded slowly as Rowlet fluttered in front of Dartrix and nuzzled against the evolved form of itself happily. Dartrix had a 'what the heck' look before it just stood there awkwardly and stared off into blank space.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" Sophie called as she gestured for Dartrix to follow. Hanlu instantly returned Rowlet and rushed out after the senior Ranger.

Sophie POV

"It's across water. Jarrett, I suggest you swap between Lapras and Haunter," commented Jackal as Sophie pulled on her bracers as all the Ranger prepared to take off. "Who's taking care of the kids?" asked Andrew.

"Kids-"

"Kelvin you get what I mean."

"Uh, I guess Prof Qing."

"Why couldn't you just-"

"They're not your kids!"

"Oh shut up, the two of you," snapped Jarrett.

Sophie looked at the other rangers. "Ready for takeoff?" she asked. They nodded and she clambered onto the balcony ledge before leaping off as Dartrix caught her and began flying straight towards the forest they were headed to.

Gray Flower forest.

Upon arrival, the forest was horribly dark. They had to take out flashlights to look about and Kelvin let out a very impatient grumble.

"GAH! This isn't going anywhere. There is no Team Metallium here at all."

"We gotta be patient," replied Jarrett. "Should we split up-" began Andrew but Sumedha just elbowed him harshly.

"NO! In horror movies it always states that splitting up will get you killed," she explained aggressively, poking the groaning Andrew harshly.

Jackal laughed. "Let's not split up then-"

They were cut off as metal claws emerged and Sophie let out a terrified shriek as her waist was wrapped with metal coils as she struggled furiously but to no avail as all the Rangers were dragged apart.