Chapter 16

Sumedha POV

To be honest, she felt selfish. She checked Zeraora, and found out it was poisoned.

And she just caught it like that, thinking she was suddenly so good. She sighed. Zeraora did forgive her. But she could never forgive herself for running away from home like that.

After a short while of talking to Espurr and Zeraora, she heard a familiar voice and shut herself up.

"Sumedha?"

Kelvin.

He was obviously looking for her. She then slunk away deeper into the forest until she couldn't hear Kelvin anymore.

Then she creeped deeper into the forest and noticed a giant den.

"Sumedha!"

She turned to see Kelvin and Jarrett staring at her. "Where have you been?! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF S'RAKKA ALONE?" Jarrett yelled.

Kelvin just narrowed his eyes and didn't say anything.

"I-"

She was cut off when a roar sounded from behind.

"DRU-"

"A druddigon!" shrieked Sumedha as she backed away from the den that the monstrous dragon pokemon emerged from.

It roared again and slammed a claw down at Kelvin, who managed to get away.

Eevee leapt forward and glared defiantly at the giant pokemon, who instantly attacked.

It used dragon tail and knocked the Froakie Jarrett had sent out.

"Croagunk!" Kelvin let his starter out and the poisonous blue frog let oht a low croak.

Druddigon lunged for a Dragon tail which Croagunk barely evaded before the blue frog stabbed Druddigon in the stomach with it's poisonous poison sting attack, poisoning the giant beasts.

This only infuriated the beast even more, lunging straight for Jarrett with a metal claw.

Froakie let out a croak of dismay as Jarrett under attacked and leapt forward as quickly as possible as blue light covered the pokemon up.

"A frogadier!" Jarrett exclaimed as his Froakie evolved and used water pulse and struck Druddigon's head with it.

The beast roared even louder and lunged for Frogadier, who was fast enough to evade everything quickly.

"Frogadier, water pulse!" snapped Jarrett as Frogadier blasted another jet of water.

The Druddigon roared in frenzy as the poison hurt the creature.

It stumbled back into the den and disappeared.

They all heaved a sigh of relief. "Wait Sumedha move!" Kevin's hoarse cry came late and Sumedha was flinched, thinking the Druddigon was gonna get her.

Then she heard a very loud sound, tendrils wrapping protectively around her.

"Sylveon?" she choked as she looked at the pink pokemon before her. It nuzzled her before using Disarming voice again, the Druddigon taking super effective damage.

It roared as it tried to lunge but Sumedha ordered another Disarming voice, which caused the Druddigon to topple back and faint.

"That was... Sudden," commented Jarrett. "I heard Druddigon hoard things. Should we check inside the den?" Jarrett asked.

Sumedha quickly nodded, trying to evade the scolding from the two already pissed boys.

"And you're in trouble once we drag you back to the HQ," Kelvin hissed and Sumedha just sighed in defeat.

She nodded and the three headed into the den, Kelvin thankfully bring a torch.

"An egg!" Kelvin exclaimed from some dark side of the cave and he scooped the precious egg into his arms. Jarrett eyed Kelvin enviously, but shrugged it off and gave Kelvin a good-hearted pat to the back.

"Hmmm..." Jarrett inspected the strange crystal which he found in the ground, which looked a lot like a Z-crystal. The Z-crystal was a special crystal which could allow a pokemon to unleasg an extremely powerful attack. However, they had to bring it back to the lab to check.

"Let's go then," Kelvin instructed as the three headed back to HQ.

Why is my gut telling me there is something wrong?

She tightened her fist as she felt a strange feeling overwhelm her as they left the forest, as if something was watching them the whole time.