Chapter 45

Meena POV

"You can only use three pokemon per person. Understood? No withdrawing is allowed until your pokemon faints. This is to ensure the battle lasts longer and more strategy can be placed in this," called the teacher. 

"You have 10 minutes to strategize," he continued and instantly, Meena was dragged over by one of her classmates. "We need the stronger, non-ranger students to travel in pairs and the weaker trainers to stick in large groups. And then we..." Sophie muttered.

"Your Eevee...You gonna use it?" asked Felix. Sophie shook her head. "Eevee needs to conserve energy. I mean I'm going home tomorrow. You should know since you're going too," Sophie said. Meena frowned. What's up with this family gathering that Sophie seemed so anxious about? 

"Times up! Let's go!" ordered the teacher as 1/4 was sanctioned at a hidden starting point. "Hey, how about Gavriel?" Bhavishya asked and Jackal shook his head. "I have him under control," he muttered before disappearing into the shadows.

Meena picked Ponyta first and headed into the battle field with Julien, who was using Gloom. The moment they stepped into the light, blasts of water pulse, ember, poison powder and electro ball. 

Quickly, all four trainer and pokemon evaded and Meena ordered a flame charge. Ponyta quickly formed a barrage of fire around itself and charged, smacking against the pokemon in it's line of sight. "Gloom, sleep powder!" Julien yelled from behind and Gloom shot out a blast of blue powder from it's flower shaped head and it shrouded the opposing pokemon quickly. All of them collapsed quickly and Meena gave Julien a hi-five.

"A bit early to celebrate, isn't it?" chuckled a voice that many feared. "Holy shit it's Jarrett-" screeched Julien as his Lapras landed heavily in front of Gloom and Ponyta. "Lapras, surf!" he bellowed as Lapras formed a tidal wave beneath it's flippers and surfed towards them, instantly taking out Ponyta in one strike.

"Gah," Meena growled as she withdrew her Ponyta and barely moved away from the Lapras. "Gloom, sleep powder again!" called Julien and Gloom fired the blue powder out, however, a blast of wind interfered. Jarrett smiled. "Close one. Lapras would have fallen asleep if Swoobat didn't use gust," crowed Zeppelin proudly. 

"Lapras, make Gloom sleep. Ice shard!" Jarrett requested as Lapras formed a bunch of ice shards and flung it straight at Gloom, causing the drooling pokemon to fall.

Meena clenched her fist in frustration as she watched them leave, while the trainers who had attacked her and Julien scrambled away.

Felix POV

"Double team!" ordered Felix as Noibat formed many illusions of itself quickly. The razor leaves from Steenee missed and Sophie instantly ordered Grovyle to use X-scissor, easily taking down Steenee. Another 1/3 student whom Felix did not recognise ordered his Swoobat to use gust at them, which sent Grovyle and Noibat whirling backwards. "Lucky us gust isn't a very strong move," Sophie grinned as Felix smirked. "Noibat, bite!" he ordered as Noibat zipped forward and bit onto Swoobat, causing the fellow bat pokemon to screech. 

"Grovyle, assurance!" Sophie quickly followed and Grovyle's claws glowed black as it slashed Swoobat out of the air. "Trying to attack two rangers? That's actually pretty silly," Sophie scoffed as Felix gestured for them to get a move on. 

Before he could react, he heard a voice from behind him. "Sylveon, disarming voice!" 

Instantly, a Sylveon hurtled into view and let out a loud blast of sound, which instantly took out Noibat. Felix let out a huff of irritation as he withdrew Noibat. "Grovyle, energy ball!" grunted Sophie as Grovyle formed an energy ball and fired it straight at Sylveon.