Chapter 22

Sophie POV

"There's a small gap at the side of the cave. If we can somehow get there we'll be able to infiltrate the cave," Felix rumbled in his deep voice as he released her.

Sophie looked around. "We gotta figure a way in-" she was cut off when there was loud roaring from a far end.

"An Ursaring," she hissed and the grunts ran over to fight the Ursaring with Gavriel while Felix and her dived into the ran towards the hole and dived through.

They looked around. It was damp and dark and they examined the room cautiously. "Is that a... Mega stone?" asked Felix and she spotted the rock sitting on the pedastal. "No... That's a fossil...?" Sophie murmured as she eyed the fossil in confusion.

"Yeah... They probably after that-" Felix hooked her by the arm and tugged her back as a giant Aerodactyl fired a supersonic at them.

She was cushioned by Felix's chest but he groaned in pain and she hauled him up.

"I'm so so sorry," she apologised and pulled him away from a wing attack.

"AEROO!" the giant winged fossil pokemon roared. "WE COME IN PEACE!" she called.

"Aerodactyl is tryna protect the fossil, I think," Felix mumbled. The Aerodactyl glared at them with dark eyes. It let a low growl before gesturing for them to walk closer.

The two of them walked closer to the magestic pokemon and it looked a them. "Aero?" it's tone changed. Sophie looked at it carefully and cautiously. She then touched the fossil and Aerodactyl let out a low hiss and she took her hand off. Felix looked at the pokemon and gently placed his hand on it's muzzle. It let out a low rumble of surprise and she smiled.

Then out of nowhere there was a loud yell.

"THE AERODACTYL THAT WE WANT IS OVER THERE!"

Gabriel's voice rang in the cave as a blizzard struck the mighty pokemon down.

Aerodactyl roared aggressively as it took off into the air again.

"Sandslash, blizzard again!" Gavriel yelled as an alolan Sandslash lunged and fired another cold icy blizzard and Aerodactyl crashed to the ground.

"Houndour!"
"Nidoran!"

Houndour and a male Nidoran burst out. Gavriel glared at them. "You!" he pointed at Sophie with narrowed eyes and looked at Sandslash.

"Sandslash, deal with the Aerodactyl. Skarmory, come deal with these two!" called Gavriel as Skarmory burst out and Sandslash lunged for Aerodactyl.

Felix POV

Felix let out a troubled grumble as he ordered Nidoran to go after Sandslash.

Sandslash noticed and lunged with a metal claw, and slammed it's glowing claws onto Nidoran.

"Double kick!" Felix called, remembering his oldest brother teaching him about type match ups.

Nidoran kicked it's two back legs at Sandslash one at a time before he ordered Nidoran to use focus energy.

Nidoran became pumped and Felix heard a loud explosion and he turned to see Houndour sending Skarmory flying with ember.

"Slash!" Sandslash yelled as it used blizzard and sent Nidoran flying backwards.

"Double kick!" called Felix as Nidoran lunged but Sandslash used metal claw and knocked Nidoran down.

Nidoran roared as it fell and Sandslash used blizzard again. Nidoran was sent rolling across the ground. Nidoran then scrabbled to it's feet as Sandslash fired another blizzard aggressively.