Chapter 48

Kelvin POV

Kelvin watched as Pumpkaboo was traded back to him, before it burst out from it's pokeball and evolved into Gourgeist.

"Thanks," said Kelvin as he looked proudly at his Gengar and Gourgeist. Jarrett proudly attempted to hug his Gengar, which didn't work because he fell right through the ghost type pokemon, forcing Sumedha to catch him by his collar.

"Done with the trade system? Other people also want to use it. Who are you peasants even?" snapped the counter lady.

"Uhm sorry," apologised Sumedha before Kelvin or Jarrett could curse and managed to stop them from cursing at all.

"Daisy, you aren't working on this island to be rude to my friends," commented the steely voice of Sophie. "Oh! S-Sophie! I- I just didn't want them to uhm...stall the others who w-want to use it," she stuttered.

Sophie raised her eyebrows before sighing and gesturing for the three of them to leave.

Kelvin had to stifle his intense urge to scream like a madman. " Don't mind Daisy. She, just like many people who aren't part of the family working here, just want our family's favour. Maybe even hand in marriage. Because they want the money, title and power that one holds when part of the family," Sophie grunted.

Before Kelvin could say anything, Sophie looked at them with strange eyes. " Grandma wants to talk to us, " she drawled slowly before she stumbled all the way to the hall, where the rest of them were waiting.

" Now... I want to present you..." her Grandma announced the moment they walked in.

"Mega stones. We have looked through each and every one of your pokemon teams and considered what stone to give each of you," grunted the old lady with a slight bit of effort.

"Kelvin, you will obviously get a Gengarite, for the lovely Gengar you just obtained," she began.

Kelvin was given a beautiful purple stone, which glowed when he touched it. "Sumedha, you will obviously get a Lucarionite. Isabelle insisted she pick one for you," chuckled her Grandma.

"Okay, and next we have a Lopunnite for Bhavishya. We heard you caught a Buneary. And a Pidgeotite for the lovely Pidgeotto of yours, Meena. We also prepared a Medichamite for the Meditite you caught. And a Charizardite for Jayden's handsome looking Charmeleon, " the lady blurted out excitedly.

They each got their mega stones, eyes widened in excitement.

"We also prepared an egg for you, Hanlu. Since you don't have a pokemon which can mega evolve yet, we're giving you one that can. A specially bred Riolu to gon on par with this Lucarionite. Isabelle thinks you'll be fitting of a strong fighting type too," commented the lady. "Then we have an Altarianite for Neha and her Swablu, a Cameruptite for your Camerupt, Xin Ming. We also prepared a Beedrillite for your Beedrill, Andrew," she blabbered.

" Sadly we ran out of Gengarite, but I heard your Greninja has battle bond. However, we have also prepared an Ampharosite for you," she continued, handing over a yellow stone to Jarrett. "And Felix, an Aerodactylite for your Aerodactyl," she said.

Kelvin watched as she took out a final stone, which Sophie recognised instantly. "And a Houndoominite for my granddaughter," she said as she patted the excited girl's head. 

"Well this was absolutely worth the travel," whispered Kelvin. Sumedha was so excited that she elbowed Andrew pretty badly in the stomach, causing the boy to keel over in pain. 

"We'll help put these mega stones into suitable accessories for your pokemon," Sophie's uncle mentioned. "Sadly, I can't mega evolve my Riolu yet," sighed Sumedha. "Same here. But at least I got a new member on my team!" chirped Hanlu excitedly.