Chapter 21

Sophie POV

"Nice to meet you, my name is Sophie," Sophie bowed politely as Tasha, the water gym leader smiled. "I heard of your strength from Ikky, I'm excited for your challenge next week," she smiled warmly.

"Thank you," Sophie replied.

"No more chit chat, sorry Tasha, but the practical test for 1/4 is today and Sophie needs to rush off," Opal cut in and cast a harsh glance at Sophie, who nodded and turned to run out.

She leapt of the balcony as she threw her pokeball out and Dartrix burst out as it hooked it's talons onto her shoulder's.

" Fly me to the entrance of S'rakka," she instructed as she threw a small berry as a snack for Dartrix.

He caught it in his beak and flew her over to the entrance, before landing her down.

"Thanks Dartrix," she muttered as she handed out special watches the Rangers had prepared and programmed, while working with the Robotics Club, to make.

"There is a tracker in this. You're allowed to go throughout the entirety of S'rakka and all the way to Lagoon Beach, which is the maximum. You aren't allowed to enter the water but you can fish. The watch can be used to play a whistling sound to attract pokemon, find your way around, includes a flashlight, and will allow you to look up the Internet, but only for what is allowed, which is already programmed inside. Get in your groups and get moving, " Sophie instructed as everyone put on the watch.

THIRD PERSON POV OF GROUP 1
Meena tripped over a thick tree root." CAREFUL! " yelled Bhavishya and Julien slapped her hand. " There are giant, dangerous pokemon in S'rakka, so we should look for the flower patch, just oututside S'rakka, the pokemon there are tamer and it's just before the beach," whispered Julien as Bhavishya nodded and rubbed her shoulder. They pulled Meena up and used the walking sticks provided to prod away brambles.

" Where are we even going, " Meena complained and Julien shot her a look. The three trekked through the forest. Usually, they were a four member group and had Sophie for navigation but at the moment they were reading a map that all of them found hard to decipher.

" Bzzzz..."a low buzzing was heard behind them and Julien flinched. They slowly turned and noticed a giant Beedrill glaring at them.

" Oh crap, run! " screamed Meena as the three began to scramble through the forest, the Beedrill making a mad chase after them.

" Pidgeotto whack it with Wing attack!" called Meena as she threw her pokeball out and Pidgeotto burst forth and smacked Beedrill with it's wings, the Beedrill falling back when taking the super effective hit.

"Again!" she called and Pidgeotto dived forward as Beedrill quickly evaded and Pidgeotto spun around quickly. Beedrill lunged to go for a twineedle and Pidgeotto was struck as it flapped it's wings to regain composure and was struck by another Twineedle before Beedrill lunged for a fury attack. Pidgeotto flew out of the way and Meena called for a wing attack, and Pidgeotto knocked the Beedrill harshly with it's wings.

Beedrill began to falter and Meena called for a gust, which blew the Beedrill onto the ground harshly.

She then hurled her pokeball and not long later, captured it.

"Not bad, got a new pokemon," Meena smiled. Their watches suddenly beeped in unision.

10 points added. Total of 10 points.

Bhavishya flailed her hands excitedly. "Let's keep catching," she mumbled.

GROUP 2
Aakash was trying his best to keep up with Jayden Mark, Yu Xiang and Rayyhan. They had been going uphill for so long his legs were weary. All their eyes were dimmed and filled with exhaustion. Then Aakash heard noticed his pokeball drop of his belt and he turned around to try to look for it, the fog getting thicker and thicker.
He spotted the pokeball roll downhill and made chase, forgetting about his group mates.

Then the pokeball smacked a Ducklett. "What the heck-" he was cut off when the pokeball swallowed Ducklett in red light and the Ducklett somehow, was caught.

Aakash was confused as he let the Ducklett out and scanned it with his pokedex. "You have defog? That's good. Then use defog," he murmured and Ducklett flapped it's wings and blew the fog away.

"AAKASH! THERE YOU ARE-" Jayden Mark called from the higher point of the hill. "What the heck is that thing," Rayyhan murmured as he prodded the duck pokemon with curiosity.

"Let's just keep moving," Aakash shrugged as he used Ducklett to clear the unbearable fog.

Group 3

Dhee let a frustrated growl slip from her throat as she stumbled through the flower field. It was supposed to be filled with pokemon yet strangely there were none.

Suddenly she felt something soft bump her head and she turned around to look at it.

Her pokedex told her it was a Swirlix, a pure fairy type, who looked edible. Dhee tried to call for her friends but Ezanne was trying to pull Sivanjali out of a whole.

"Just catch it for the points!" called Ezanne. Dhee nodded as she picked her newest teammate, Pawniard, to fight.

Swirlix used fairy wind and struck Dhee back, but Dhee still managed to send Pawniard out.

"Metal claw!" she cried out as Pawniard's small metal claws glowed and it slammed it against the Swirlix.

Swirlix fired another fairy wind, which hit Pawniard, causing the little steel and dark pokemon to fall back.

"Leer, then use metal claw again!" she called and Pawniard leered the Swirlix, lowering it's defense before lunging and slamming against the Swirlix. She flung her pokeball and caught the desert pokemon with ease. "Not bad..." Dhee said and heard a call. "Dhee, c'mere and help now that we got the points!" called Ezanne.

Sophie POV

"Felix, since you're not part of this test, you can come with me to invigilate," Sophie murmured.

Felix looked excited and the two headed into S'rakka forest. They watched as Dhee caught a Swirlix, and spotted Alyssa evolving her Seedot into Nuzleaf.

"Not bad at all," Sophie smiled. "Im taking part in the next test, so I really should learn from them," Felix piped up and she grinned and nodded.

As they were leaving after seeing Aakash catch a Ducklett, Sophie heard strange clanging sounds and grabbed Felix's hand and placed a finger to her lips and he nodded.

She looked past the brambles, and lo and behold, Admin Gavriel.

"Team Metallium," she hissed and Gavriel turned. Felix instantly grabbed and tugged her down, her back against his chest.

She stiffened as she heard Gavriel speak. She could barely hear him over the loud clanging.

"Why... No... OBVIOUSLY!!!! Special... Stones...very... Okay then, head in... Yes they are..."

His words told her nothing about their plan and she strained her ears and heard a him speak three words that gave away everything.

"Mega Evolution Research."