Chapter 53

Sophie POV

It was supposed to be a peaceful day. Time on the island was coming to a close. Sophie did not expect to get hit with a metal pole. The swing was messy, and hit her legs, but it hurt so badly. Another hit was aimed for her head as she managed to roll away. 

She whirled around to see...the worker from the Trade Station? 

She seriously didn't expect to get attacked by this worker. "You remember my name?" she shrieked. Sophie had to think for a few seconds before recalling her name. "You're Jasmine. Yay," she managed to choke out as she dodged another harsh slam of the metal pole.

"You and your friends make me sick. You're all peasants," she screamed. Sophie managed to back away from another swing as she moved to grab her pokeball when she heard a loud yell from behind.

"Team Metallium, attack! We're catching Lugia!" 

Lugia?

Sophie flung out Dartrix and dodged another crazed swing as Dartrix lifted her off the ground and towards the hall. A cloud was forming in the far horizon, and Sophie grew nervous. How could she forget that Lugia was going to pass by???

She was a bit too late. There were many grunts ramaging the area with Quagsire. What a strange choice of pokemon. "Dartrix, razor leaf!" she bellowed as Dartrix fired a blast of leaves. Lexi managed to dive away from a bunch of Team Metallium grunts as she charged into the hall.

"Lugia is coming!"

"That's why I'm here!"

Lexi threw out her Leafeon, and both grass type pokemon destroyed all the Quagsire in their path. "That's the idiots cleared out," muttered Sophie. Lexi withdrew Leafeon and pointed at the giant dark cloud quickly moving towards the island.

More people began appearing as Sophie spotted her friends looking at the approaching cloud. "Wait, what's that?" Lexi asked as she pointed at some strange machine in the far distance. "Holy shit that's a huge machine- WHATEVER WE NEED TO STOP IT-"

There was a loud 'boom' sound as a net was fired up into the sky and it electrocuted Lugia, causing the mighty beast to collapse to the ground.

"I swear some stuff never make sense," snapped Sophie as Dartrix flew her down. Marc looked mortified. "I- What? When- What???" he muttered and Sophie shot him a look. "Let's focus on clearing the grunts. You three, I trust that you will be able to free Lugia," ordered Izzy as she pointed at Sophie, Kelvin and Jarrett.

Sophie cursed mentally as she rubbed her face tiredly. "Let's go then!" she cried out. Dartrix picked her up and flew her over towards the place where Lugia had fallen onto.

"I find it stupid nobody anticipated this ambush," muttered Kelvin. "It's not like you did," she spat and he bristled, Jarrett rolling his eyes. "Your sister really thought a violent girl, a madman and someone who likes annoying others was a good trio to save the legendary pokemon of the seas, who isn't even a water type????" Jarrett wondered aloud as Sophie shrugged.

Rain began pouring from the sky as Sophie tried to see past the dense droplets. A bunch of Skarmorys flew up and began firing swifts at them, but stupidly at the Gengars that both Kelvin and Jarrett were riding. "You have got to be kidding me," grumbled Sophie as Jarrett and Kelvin easily knocked the steel type pokemon out of the sky.

They landed on a muddy slope and spotted Lugia thrashing underneath the giant net. "Seriously, what material is that? It seems like it's working very well. And the giant beast is paralysed," Jarrett uttered as the wind began roaring viciously.

"Lucky us no one there has a master ball. C'mon!" ordered Sophie as the three slowly slunk down the slope, only to be spotted. "Are those-holy crap," exclaimed Sophie as three Dragonites, four Noiverns, two Garchomps and Hydregion came zooming right at them.