33 - All the stars

Wednesday 13th July 01:02
Jasiah's POV

Why did I like her so much? I couldn't stop thinking about Chardonnay. At this point, I think it was clear to my friends that I had feelings for her, despite my attempt to cover them up. The closest people around me and I now knew that she didn't steal my watch but it was too late. Everyone had seen the Instagram posts, the Snapchat stories and tweets that I had been robbed by Chardonnay Obiaka. She was now seen as a thief so I took her in as an employee to prevent the mandem from retaliating and offering her protection - protection from my world. And I doubt that she was randomly ran over. However, I forgot to protect my heart from her. I couldn't wife Chardonnay unless the rumours were cleared. Although my suspicions are on Anna, other people could have framed Chardonnay so I'll do all I can to find out.

Turning over, I snatched my phone off the bedside table and started to select my alarms for the morning until it began to vibrate with a phone call. It was Eva.

"You need to pick up Chardonnay, Jasiah," sniffed Eva.

I yawned. "Eva, you're bunning weed again init? I'll tell your brother again you know, it's midnight and-"

"Chardonnay's mum isn't going to live much longer. You need to take Chardonnay to the hospice."

My phone slipped out of my hand and landed on a pillow beside me. The air around me felt heavier to breathe in. I literally just met the lady yesterday in the hospital. She had strong eyes and an equally strong spirit. How could she be on her last days of living? Or maybe I purposely tried to forget her thin arms and bloated stomach. I shouldn't have left the hospital early. Shaking my head, I slipped on my jeans as I put Eva on loudspeaker. I could rectify my mistake by driving Chardonnay to see her mum before she passes on.

"What's Chardonnay's door number? Is it 34 or 36 Cedar Walk?" I hollered, sliding my feet into my blue sliders.

"Have you been stalking Chardonnay cause she never tells anyone where she lives? Ooh, you down baddd."

"Evangeline!"

"Chardonnay lives at 34. I'll text you the post code of the hospice."

"Say nothing, I'm leaving."

I ended the call and zipped up my hoodie. Zooming out of my room and out of the house, I jumped into my car in order to drive to Chardonnay's house.

Soon after, I arrived at Chardonnay's side of the GPK estate - the quieter side with the three story flats. Sucking in the chilling midnight air, I mustered up the confidence to ring Chardonnay's flat buzzer. The door released, allowing me to hold it open as Chardonnay shuffled past me without a word. Rolling my eyes, I pulled the hood of her coat down whilst I followed behind her to my car.

"Hey, we're going to get to your mum okay so please stop crying."

Chardonnay turned around to look at me with bloodshot eyes. Tear stains streaked her face. Her lips parted as if she were about to say something but she shook her head instead. I opened her car door and ran around to my seat before hitting the accelerator. I sped down the back roads, towards the big Tesco. The best thing about driving around Tottenham in the night was the fact that there was little traffic, meaning I could partake in my favourite hobby - driving through red lights.

Eventually, we were cruising along the motorway towards a town in Essex, which was where the hospice was located. On both sides of the motorway, I could see the twinkling lights from London dwindling away.

"We're nearly there Chardonnay, we're gonna see your mother and you can talk to her," I grinned as grabbed her hand reassuringly.

Chardonnay shook her head. "No we can't."