17 - Angel by Mugler

Friday 8th July, 15:12
Chardonnay's POV

Bursting into Eva's bedroom, I blurted, "Anna cannot become prom queen!"

"How come you're suddenly so excited for prom?" laughed Eva whilst she blow dried her hair.

"We saw Anna on the bus on our way here," shrugged Kehlani. "Her ponytail is too high though, it looks like a satellite tower."

"Her hair is sleeked. Maybe I should sleek my hair too?"

"Nah wear your hair out, all natural. Anna's hair is only high like that because she needs to connect to the signal of her kind."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"She's an alien bro. You can literally spell alien from the name Angelina."

"You have some crazy conspiracy theories Kehlani," I said, rolling my eyes. "Aliens aren't real."

"I thought that too until I met her," added Yasmin, causing us all to laugh.

"I'm gonna go shower and wash my hair, I'll be back," I said, leaving the room.

After stepping out of the shower, I put my lingerie back on and wrapped a towel around myself. Then I tied another towel around my wet curls.

"Here," said Kehlani, tossing a tub of cocoa butter to me as she ambled into the bathroom.

I'd noticed that Kehlani had helped style Yasmin's wig whilst I was in the shower. I quickly moisturized and slipped my dress on.

Blending in her concealer, Yasmin explained, "I'll wait for Kehlani to pattern your hair because I'm terrible at blow drying then I can do your makeup."

"I can do it," smiled Eva. "It'll save time, like it's nearly five o'clock."

"What time does prom start?" asked Yaz.

"7pm but the prom court voting starts later."

"That's calm, it's good to be late sometimes. It creates a dramatic entrance."

Rolling her eyes, Eva picked up her blow dryer and hair products as she waltzed over to me.

"I'm too gassed for prom," grinned Eva.

Yasmin glued on her 25mm lashes. "We can tell."

Eva's phone vibrated with a Snapchat notification. Curiously, she grabbed her phone and opened the chat.

"Rah, guys look at this!" cried Eva, staring at the screen in disgust.

Eva and Yasmin sat on the bed next to me as we looked at her phone. The screen showed a snap of Anna in an Uber, lip-syncing to Brent Faiyaz and sticking her tongue out. It was captioned:

If you ain't nasty, don't at me👅

"Well Kehlani wasn't capping, my man's ponytail is out here looking for Wifi signal," sighed Yasmin.

"Okay but why is she sticking her white tongue out, coming like limescale in a kettle," groaned Eva. "The only thing nasty around here is her not brushing her tongue."

"She's just ruined a good Brent Faiyaz song," I added.

Eva put her phone back on charge. "Anyway, let's get you ready."

Whilst Eva blow dried my hair, I gave Yasmin the makeup products as she did my makeup. I glanced over as Kehlani, who had already put her prom dress on, entered the room.

"Ooo Kehlani, is that you yeah?" I smiled.

"Yeah b," answered Kehlani, sitting by the dresser near the window. "Eva give me your speaker."