48 - No snitching

Thursday 15th August, 19:22
Chardonnay's POV

We were sitting at the bus stop opposite the Tesco by Seven Sisters station because we were waiting for Katana's younger, who was bringing loud for her. Apparently one of Katana's friends was going to be at the block party and her friend wanted to buy half a gram off her. The red buses, cars and motorbikes that zoomed in front of me had become background noise, along with my friends' conversation. My fingertips were curled firmly against the bus stop's bench to support my weight as I continued to stare blankly into road. I am no longer sure anymore how long we have been waiting for Katana to pick up loud. Second by second. Minute by minute. The more time that has passed, the more I feel that we shouldn't have left Yasmin alone with the boys. If we had all stormed into Kehlani's house and pretended we were on the way to a regular motive then we wouldn't be here right now. At a bus stop that smells of urine. And we wouldn't be here waiting for bud.

"Hey Chardonnay, you okay? You haven't spoken at all since we sat down here."

I turned to Eva. "Apart from getting annoyed about waiting, I feel bad that we left Yasmin, we should've all just gone to a club or something."

"Well the night is young, Katana can go back and get her since I'm sure my brother will believe she's the least likely out of out to do hood rat shit," added Kehlani, tossing her house keys to Katana.

"Yeah I might as well since I need to find that younger and get the loud. I'll call that idiot now so you guys go on," replied Katana, standing up.
"But do you think Yaz will still be with Jasiah and his boys right now?"

"Of course, they're probably grilling her about where we are so since we're by West Green Road, let's buy Chinese before we part separate ways," suggested Kehlani.

In unison, we nodded in agreement and walked away from the bus stop to the takeaway shop.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Thursday 15th August, 19:33
Jasiah's POV

After eating our meals, we all got up from the table and began to pick up our rubbish. Whilst I was scoffing down the remaining ice in the cup of Coke, I didn't notice Yasmin sneaking away to speak to the security guard at the door of McDonald's.

"Oi, what is she doing?" I hissed.

"Who bro?" questioned Grimz. "Oh nah, Jordan go collect your babes."

"I swear your parents see Yasmin as their second daughter," replied Jordan, casually scooping his McFlurry. "But fucking, why's she chatting up the security guard uncle?"

Then it suddenly dawned on me why she would talk to uncle in the first place. Swallowing the last chunk of ice in my mouth, I sprinted over to Yasmin.

"Uncle, you don't understand. I'm 13 and those boys are trying to kidnap me!" exclaimed Yasmin.

The security guard threw a handful of groundnuts into his mouth. "Is that so? So why have I seen you in here with them for the past few years. In fact, now you should be 18 years of age."

"That's what they want you to think. The one called Jordan wants me to date-"

I clamped my hand over Yasmin's mouth. "Yo, you good uncs."

"Ah, Jasiah. Long time no see, How've you been?"

"Yeah yeah, man's been good still. Just gonna grab the little missy here. She hasn't taken her mental illness pills recently."

"Is that so? I can tell. How many years have I seen you all galavanting up and down Tottenham High Road and she is pretending to not know you guys."

"Ahlie, it's been years. Don't worry uncs, we're gonna take her to the mental health ward in North Middlesex Hospital. They'll take good care of her."