42 - Modus Operandi

Friday 29th July, 19:33
Chardonnay's POV

"Why is Chiantí here?" I whispered.

"Good question," replied Katana, putting away her phone. "I've heard rumours that she's dating one of 19th yutes but that doesn't make sense since she's the baby mum of Jasiah's brother."

Nothing about Chiantí made sense. Firstly, Chiantí was at that motive in Stoke Newington and apparently 19th boys were also there. Now she's coming out of their bando and she had just removed a gun from her bag. What was she planning on doing?

I shook my head. "But we've just caught her leaving their bando! We can't just let her go."

"Our priority right now is getting your £50k," sighed Katana as she watched Chiantí enter a taxi. "But if Chiantí does go back to the estate and starts something, I'm sure one of the boys will text me."

"Alright but what are we doing here anyway?"

"You're going to raid their bando by yourself and take as much bud as you can."

"By myself?"

"Yes, with the two feet and two hands God gave you."

"This is suicide," I mumbled, staring at the ground.

"I didn't make sell packs for fun you know. You now have a little experience of being street smart so you should manage just fine."

Folding my arms, I stepped away from Katana. If I even had the faintest idea I would be raiding a bando, I'd have probably refused Jasiah's job vacancy of being a secretary. I mean knowing you're going to be shanked is surely better than not knowing if it could happen. What if I turned around the wrong corner in the bando and I ended up with a bullet in my chest?

Feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket, I pulled it out to check for any texts.

Kehlani
I know your dumb self didn't leave my scooter with Bailey by the flipping corner shop

Chardonnay
I'm so sorry, I was being chased

Kehlani
What? Where are you right now?

Chardonnay
I'm not on the estate bro

Kehlani
Alright. When you come back you're gonna give me a real good explanation as to why you left my scooter alone.

"You should turn your phone off," warned Katana. "In fact, give it to me. You don't need your location showing feds that you went inside."

Sighing, I turned back to Katana and gave her my phone. "How much weed is in there anyway?"

"Honestly, I'm not even sure if they even have kilograms of it left since Jasiah monopolises the drug market in North London."

I smirked to myself. Imagine if my dad knew that I not only sold packs today but was also about to raid a bando.

"Listen, I'm not built for this lifestyle so can you at least walk me in?" I pleaded.

Katana groaned. "Fair enough. I'll be waiting outside though then the rest is up to you."

"For once, I wish Jasiah was here to help me. This is his element as the Trap King of Tottenham after all."

"I mean historically a queen is more powerful than its king so I guess you'd be the Trap Queen of Tottenham... it would've banged more if you man were dating but it's whatever," replied Katana before breaking into song with a suspiciously perfect Patois dialect, "you're an independent gyal. Real number one trending gyal!