39 - Bedazzled nyash

A WEEK LATER
Thursday 28th July, 12:57
Chardonnay's POV

"You haven't heard of clothes before?" I hissed, whilst trying to finish my yam and egg sauce.

It had been over a week since I last entered Jasiah's house. Today I only came over because Kehlani practically begged me to see her and meet one of her friends. As soon as I had come in, Jasiah insisted on cooking breakfast for me. Now we were sitting opposite each other in the kitchen and Jasiah was watching me as I ate. The only problem was that he refused to put on his white vest.

Jasiah shrugged. "It's 29 degrees so I'm not tryna fry like plantain in my yard but if you're that horny, I'll stay upstairs."

"I'm not horny!"

Infuriated, I glared at Jasiah whilst he strolled out the kitchen, chuckling to himself. I guess he must've been in a really great mood since he didn't address the fact that I hadn't shown up to work for a while. Sighing, I picked up my plate and washed it in the sink. Then I bounded up the stairs into Kehlani's room.

"Oh my goodness, you should join us in a mas band!" exclaimed Yasmin, pulling me onto Kehlani's bed. "You'll love carnival."

"What do you mean by carnival? Don't you mean funfair?" I asked, sitting down beside Kehlani.

"Yasmin means Nottinghill Carnival at the end of August. And I'm Jayda by the way," grinned the girl who strided into Kehlani's bedroom.

"Yeah, this is who I wanted to introduce to you Chardonnay," began Kehlani excitedly. "This is Jayda, my old neighbour and Grimz's girlfriend."

Smiling, Jayda pulled out her phone. "Here I'll show you some videos I took from Nottinghill Carnival last year."

Kehlani, Yaz and I were huddled around Jayda, looking at her videos. The first one showed girls twerking on top of bus stops then the following video was of her queuing up to buy food at the stalls. The next video on her phone captured Jayda being daggered by the one and only Grimz - Eva's brother. Embarrassed, Jayda swiftly switched off her phone.

"Ooo, how romantic. I still can't believe you're dating Eva's brother," sighed Yasmin dreamily.

"Man said romantic, I want better for my gender," muttered Kehlani.

Smirking, Jayda shook her head. "Jasiah'll probably kill all of you if he finds out that you're planning on joining a mas band."

Suddenly, the bedroom door swung open. Jasiah was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed, clutching his trusty blue sliders in his hands.

"What's up?" questioned Jasiah. "I heard my name being mentioned."

Clearing her throat, Yasmin replied, "We were talking about how you're preparing for the block party tomorrow."

Rolling his eyes, Jasiah slipped his feet into his sliders. He came to sit next to me on Kehlani's bed. I wasn't exactly sure what was more jarring: Jasiah sitting next to me or the fact that he still hadn't put a top on. I mean I wasn't affected by it but those tattoos on his body were really something.

"You guys are having a block party?" I inquired.

"GPK are having their annual block party on 29th July. I've just posted it on snap," explained Kehlani.

"Watch, bare drill fans from cunch will pull up to the block tomorrow. Bare Anglo Saxon dons and dem man dere from Essex," added Jasiah. "Anyway, I'm going out to buy drink mixers and food."

Jayda frowned. "Wait you're going outside like that, without a top on? I know it's hot and all but-"

"Yeah, certain man in this room convinced me to go topless since they like seeing me like this," replied Jasiah, grinning at me before he strode out of the room.