22 - Welcome to the party

Friday 8th July, 21:34
Chardonnay's POV

How were they not able to get Anna? Especially Katana. She looked like she would always win a fight. I gazed into their eyes, registering defeat, guilt and shame.

Sighing, I asked, "So are any of you going to tell me what happened?"

"We were running after her, well Katana did most of the chasing because she can run in heels like they're trainers," began Eva quietly. "Then Katana finally tackled her down."

"And then?"

"After that, we held her down as she tried to escape and it was going so well."

"But what?"

"She called out to the three hotel staff, who were on a fag break, to help her," explained Eva.

"Even though she looked like a UFO, they still came over to help her," complained Yasmin. "So the porters started attacking us."

"But you outnumbered them, it's four against three!" I yelled.

I knew I being slightly unreasonable but I just wanted to clear my name.

"Well we were about to beat them until the two stupid security guards from the hotel hauled Anna away from us because she was a security threat," grumbled Katana. "So it was more like six against four, including Anna. I can't really take anyone down wearing a tight dress."

I nodded. I was being very unreasonable. They did the best they could.

"Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. You tried your best," I grinned.

Waving Anna's heels, Katana smirked. "Who said we tried? We're just getting started, after all I have heels to sell."

"Please, let's sort this out tomorrow when I'm not wearing stiletto heels," groaned Yasmin. "Not everyone has the ability to run in four inch heels Katana."

Rolling her eyes, Katana folded her eyes, mumbling something about incompetent eighteen year olds. Behind us, prom was still in full swing but I noticed a few people had already disappeared.

"It's not even ten yet and people have already left."

"Well prom finishes soon," shrugged Eva.

"We might as well start heading to an after party and get drunk since we lost Anna. We'll run her down tomorrow, after my hangover," said Kehlani.

"Wait, Anna would probably go to an after party as well. We can catch her there," added Eva.

"Yeah but which one?" I asked.

"Put your prom queen popularity status for good use and ask people which after party Anna is going to."

Eva had a point. Lots of people were willing to talk to me since I had been crowned prom queen. Especially after I was able to give the most sought out boy in a year a dutty whine. Smirking to myself, I walked over to the nearest group of girls and asked them which after party Anna was heading to. They quickly shook their heads, saying they didn't like Anna and didn't talk to her. Fair enough, I mean, I didn't like the girl either.

"Hey prom queen, you okay?" hollered Tilly, from across the room.

I turned around, squinting to see what she was holding in her hand.

I strolled over to her. "Tilly, how are you drinking in prom? There's teachers everywhere."

"Oh relax. I'm 18, you're 18...you want some of my vodka?"

"No, I'm good thanks," I grinned, already remembering the nasty taste of it. "Do you know which after party Anna is heading to?"

"She said she was going to host one herself when she won prom queen but she didn't win."