24 - Essex yute

Friday 8th July, 22:40
Jasiah's POV

I sat on the bonnet of my car in the parking lot of the hotel as Grimz pulled up in his car with Jayda sitting beside him.

The cool evening breeze tickled my hands, making me plunge my hands deep into my tracksuit's pockets. I watched Grimz jump out and open Jayda's car door. Stepping out of the car, Jayda held hands with him as they walked towards me. As soon as Jayda saw me staring at her, she looked at the ground.

Laughing, I asked, "Did you forget how to use the mute button when you picked up my call Jayda?"

Jayda blushed, hiding her face into Grimz's chest as she mumbled, "It's not my fault, he didn't know I picked up your call."

I chuckled as Grimz rolled his eyes. Kissing her forehead, Grimz put an arm around Jayda.

"What you telling me g," I grinned.

"I'm good still," replied Grimz. "So where is my sister?"

"I was waiting to ask you where they are because it's nearly 11."

Shaking his head, Grimz took out his phone and double checked the address.  I glanced back at the hotel entrance. We were definitely in the right place.

"Why don't you just call them?" suggested Jayda quietly.

Grimz pulled out his phone and began to dial Eva's number.

Jayda stared at me. "Why aren't you calling Kehlani?"

"She didn't pick up before so I don't think she will now," I explained.

Rolling her eyes, Jayda stalked towards me. She held out her hand and I placed my unlocked phone in her hand. After a few swipes on the phone screen, Jayda was already calling Kehlani.

Grimz folded his arms. "Eva's phone is going straight to voicemail. What if something happened to them?"

"Relax, you said Katana is with them so they'll be fine," I replied. "Maybe they called a taxi to go get food."

Thoughtfully, Grimz gazed into the distance. The crescent moon glowed against the inky black shroud of darkness. Billows of wind whistled through nearby tree branches. I watched his eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"This girl, oh my days," groaned Grimz, dragging his hand down his face. "No wonder she left with two dresses."

"What?"

"They must've left early for an after party because when I had my prom there was a big after party too."

"An after party? So where is it?"

"I don't know still."

Sighing, Jayda muttered something about men as she strolled over to a blonde girl waiting outside the hotel. Slowly, Grimz and I trailed behind her and stopped at a distance. Far away to give her privacy yet close enough to see what Jayda was about to do.

Smiling, Jayda asked, "Hey do you know where the after party is please?"

The girl looks her up and down before answering, "Who even are you? You're not from the school and I saw a few girls that weren't from our sixth form in the hall earlier so-"

"That's nice but I'm just here to pick up Eva."

"Just call her then," frowned the girl as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm her cousin from the US, I'm surprising her. It would ruin the surprise if I called her."

Glancing up from her phone, the girl glowered at Jayda until she noticed us out of her peripheral vision. Gulping, she took in the irritation in Grimz's face and weakly smiled at Jayda.

Timidly, the girl began, "Oh a surprise, of course. Well there are three after parties - Alfie's, Stacey's and Tion's."

We watched the girl quickly type into Jayda's phone, presumably the addresses of each after party. Once the girl handed back Jaydas phone, she thanked the girl and slipped back to us.

Jayda grinned. "See that wasn't so hard. She gave the address of all three parties to me. Politeness gets you things."

Exchanging glances with Grimz, I raised my eyebrows.

"I mean it's true that manners maketh man but back there, that girl only gave you the addresses because of your man," I sighed

"What did you do?" asked Jayda, nudging her boyfriend.

"I didn't do anything darling but what, you're Eva's cousin now yeah? questioned Grimz.

Jayda kissed her teeth. "I said what I had to say to get the addresses."

"Make sure cah mans tryna make you my wife," explained Grimz as pulled her nearer by her waist.

Averting my eyes, I began to walk back to my car.

"Hey Jasiah, where are you going? I haven't given even you the address yet," hollered Jayda. "What's your number?"

Turning around, I grabbed her phone and put my number in her contacts.

"Do you wanna come over tomorrow to see Kehlani? She hasn't seen you in a while."

Jayda nodded then swiped on her screen to the list of after parties. Jayda shows them the list.

"Okay so which address should we try first?" asked Jayda.

I shrugged. "Probably Tion's one. He sounds like someone who would throw a live motive."

Grimz nodded in agreement. "And Tion's postcode is in Essex where they have massive houses."

"But they're girls so maybe they're at Stacy's," added Jayda.

We all stared at each other. Jayda made a very good point. Pulling open Jayda's car, Grimz helped Jayda into the car.

"Cool, let's go to Stacy's first. All of these postcodes are near each other anyway," explained Grimz before closing her car.

"How do you know Essex? You're a Walthamstow boy, born and bred," I said as I jumped into my car.

I turned the ignition key whilst Grimz entered his own car.

Grimz shut his car door and rolled down his window. "Did you forget, I used to shot weed there and I also went to school there."

"Where do you guys live now though?" I asked, rolling down my car window.

"West London," grinned Jayda.

"Near my brother's ends," I whispered to myself bitterly as I reversed out of the parking lot.

- Keep your love life private

It doesn't sound like Jasiah is very fond of his brother but they've finally narrowed down where the girls are. Will they find the girls? Find out in the next chapter, don't forget to vote - Jaymunni