18 - False pretences

Friday 8th July 19:18
Chardonnay's POV

Flustered, Kehlani marched away from the security guards, who were about to physically throw us out, and we swiftly followed. Beside me, Yasmin was desperately trying to get her phone amongst the clutter of makeup.

"How are we gonna get in now?" moaned Yasmin, finally finding her phone.

"At least Eva is inside," I sighed.

"I've texted her, Eva said we should ask Katana to help us get in with one of her fake IDs."

"What is a fake ID going to do?"

"Maybe Katana could pretend to be a new cleaner or something to get inside then find an exit door and let us in."

"Now that sounds like a plan," grinned Kehlani.

Like a cheetah, Kehlani zoomed over to Katana's side of the Rolls Royce, pulling open her car door. Glaring at Kehlani, Katana rolled her eyes and continued her conversation on the phone, which was in Albanian. After a few minutes, she ended the call.

Sighing, she asked, "What is it now?"

"They refused to let us in, even though we have tickets," explained Kehlani.

"Swear down? Peak times," chuckled Bailey as he drank Magnum. "Looks like you're not gonna enter prom."

"Can you please just use your fake ID and pretend to be someone so we can all go in," begged Yasmin.

Katana narrowed her eyes at Bailey. "Just to spite you Bailey, I'll get us into prom."

Bailey rolled his eyes. "Whatever but I have to return the car back to the rental place by midnight so I need to drop you guys by 11."

"Wait you stole the Rolls Royce?" I questioned, catching onto what he meant.

I saw Bailey smirk at me just before Katana got out and slammed the car door shut. These guys are real life criminals yet I'm the thief.

Katana shrugged. "I'm a tax-paying citizen so it's not a crime to borrow a car for a couple of hours."

Shaking my head, I followed behind Katana while she led us back to the hall's entrance. Kehlani and Yasmin were flanking my side like bodyguards.

"Watch and fucking learn," grinned Katana as she ambled up to the second security guard.

She leaned over to whisper something in the security guard's ear, making him fold his arms.

"Madam, is there an issue?" asked the first security guard, looking over at Katana and his colleague.

Opening her clutch purse, Katana smiled. "Nothing at all, it's just that if you don't want to end up getting fired then you'll open those doors nice and wide for us."

I watched her point to a small ID card in her open clutch purse. Bowing with a flourish, they opened the doors to the hall .

"I'm so sorry miss, you should've shown us your ID sooner," laughed the first security guard.

"By the way, this is my bestfriend, Angelina Valdez. She's on the list but she forgot her ticket," explained Katana, pointing at me.

The second security guard nodded. "That's fine, you can all go in."

"Oh and there's a girl called Chardonnay," added Katana. "She'll be coming soon but she'll pretend to be Angelina Valdez so don't let her in."

Sighing, Katana led us into the hall. We heard the doors close again behind us.