35 - Love on the brain

Saturday 16th July 17:45
Jasiah's POV

"Basically, what are we?" added Chardonnay.

I stared at her. Hard. What are we?

Sighing, I bit on bottom lip. "Well I-"

My attention was caught by the police car, which had slowed down beside us, on the opposite side of the road. There were two feds inside, one female and one male, not so discreetly glancing towards us. And I was pretty sure they weren't checking out my tinted windows.

"Chardonnay, you need to get out of my car," I muttered.

"Wait but you didn't answer my question."

I glanced at the fed car as the door opened and watched the female fed step out. Maybe it was too bold of me to think I had a slight chance with Chardonnay in the future. As I made eye contact with the police officer across the other side of the road, I knew in that second that I couldn't offer Chardonnay a normal relationship. A future lawyer and the biggest drug dealer in ends dating?

I turned the ignition key. "It's not about what you want, now get out."

"What's wrong?"

"Everything. You can stay over at Katana's or something but you need to go."

I pulled out of the parking spot with the growing sound of sirens behind me. My phone began to flash with the notification of Katana calling me. Kissing my teeth, I picked up her call.

"How's Grand Theft Auto going?" asked Katana cheerfully.

"Wait so you know I'm being chased by feds and you still decided to call me?" I questioned.

"Oh relax, till this day they never end up catching you."

"Whatever, why you are calling me?"

"Nothing, I was chilling on my balcony and I saw Chardonnay rush out of the car. What happened?"

My jaw clenched. "She asked me a dumb question, I didn't answer and I have feds after me so I told her to jump out."

"Yeah, I hear that but what did she ask? Couldn't be that deep."

In the mirror, the feds seemed to be closing in on me. Looks like I'd need to lose them in Manor House.

"She asked what we are," I answered. "And I didn't reply."

"Aww, is captain pussy popper is scared to ask Chardonnay to be his girlfriend?"

Katana loved to call me captain pussy popper when she caught me with Anna. I know I did a thing with Anna but it doesn't mean that I was going to treat Chardonnay that way.

Zooming past Manor House station, I spun my car and parked in front of the nearest house. The wail of the police sirens was getting louder. Holding my breath, I waited for the car to drive past.

"Chill, she's still a virgin but it's just that I can't bring her into my life. She doesn't deserve all that stress and everyone else thinks that she stole-"

"Everyday opp opp opp, what will the mandem think... I swear you run ends, why you letting people in ends run you?"

"I don't, it's just that the mandem saw-"

"If you care about the mandem so much, go marry them," hissed Katana. You know deep down that you love her, I just think you're a bit confused."

"Okay, supposing she enjoys being chased by feds and potentially getting arrested. If I start dating her, wouldn't it look bad on her?"