07 - Bonnets

Saturday 2nd July, 20:30

Chardonnay's POV

It's been hours since I said goodbye to Kehlani and left her with my number for Jasiah. I took my cue to leave as soon as Jasiah bolted out of the door. Fortunately, I only lived three roads away from her house. And since I've been home, I've just been replaying memories of what has happened in the past twenty-four hours. I've gone from being bullied in sixth form to being entangled in a watch theft. I should've never gone to that stupid party or dragged Eva along.

At least Eva isn't involved with me in this mess. This is my mess.

Although if I didn't go to the apartment party, I'd have never met Jasiah. Even after being threatened to be killed, I still craved for the familiar scent of his perfume. What the hell is wrong with me? I can't have feelings for him, I'm his employee now. Sighing, I glanced down at my phone. There were notifications from the news and Bible App. Before I could switch off my phone, the screen lit up with a number that I didn't recognise. Nervously, I accepted the call.

"Hey, hey, Chardonnay, you good?"

"Kehlani?"

"Nah the singer," replied Kehlani sarcastically. "What are you doing now?"

I could picture Kehlani rolling her eyes so accurately.

"Not much, how about you?"

"Planning a sleepover with me, you and Eva and Yaz."

"Me?" I squeaked.

"Yeah we didn't really have a proper one after the party, we all conked out."

"I'm not sure... I'm your brother's PA now."

"It's the weekend, relax," laughed Kehlani. "Get your ass over here before half nine."

Swiftly, Kehlani hung up the phone on me. I changed into a tank top, shorts and put on my sliders. I picked up my Primark handbag, grabbed a few extra things and headed out towards Kehlani's house with my black bonnet on my head.

Once I arrived, I saw a motorcycle parked outside of her house that wasn't there before. The initial K was engraved on the side. Taking a deep breath, I quickly knocked on the door. The door was opened by a girl I didn't recognise. She was at least 5'11" and her cheekbones looked like they could put Angelina Jolie's cheekbones to shame. She wore tight leather trousers, a satin black bustier top with a matching leather jacket. Strands of her brown hair whipped around her violently. Twisting her face in disgust, she looked me up and down.

Turning behind, she yelled, "Kehlani, who the fuck is this?"

Kehlani ran to the door and hugged me. The tall brunette in heels stared at me in confusion.

"Katana, this is Chardonnay. Chardonnay, this is Katana, a family friend," explained Kehlani.

 Chardonnay, this is Katana, a family friend," explained Kehlani