04 - The box

"Pardon?" Chardonnay spluttered.

What kind of question was that? Narrowing her eyes, Chardonnay stared at J1's expectant face.

"Just answer the question love, I'm just curious."

Chardonnay's eyebrows further furrowed. "I've hugged a boy before and held hands."

"But what would you do with me?"

"We could go to KFC or something to get food."

Frowning, he pulled out his phone as it vibrated with a text notification.

"Always interrupted me when I'm lotioning," he muttered under his breath.

He kissed his teeth whilst he grabbed Chardonnay's hand, running into the living room. The party was in full swing and it was only 10:30pm.

"Ay DJ, off the lights and music please," he shouted. "He's here."

The room became inky-black and everyone began to whisper. Chardonnay used this chance to slip away from J1, making a beeline to Eva, whose sparkly dress was a beacon in the darkness. Squeezing her hand, Eva grinned. Unperturbed by the lack of light, Yasmin was reapplying lip gloss next to Eva.

Suddenly, the door creaked open. A figure blocked the hallway lights as its hands flipped the light switch on.

"SURPRISEEEE!" screamed everyone around Chardonnay in unison.

The figure stepped into the room. Chardonnay gasped. It was him.

Jasiah Clarke/Jsplash, just turned 19 (looks like Dave East)

"At your big age uno," Jsplash said kissing his teeth, unable to conceal his smile of delight. "Love for putting this together though."

His piercing, chocolate eyes scanned the room, briefly stopping as he caught sight of Chardonnay. Her breath hitched as she took him in. She forced herself to suck in air, she had to remain composed. Even if her eyes were stuck like a magnet to his chiselled face. Her eyes couldn't help taking in the tattoos that ran all over his 6'5" body, like a book waiting to be read. He was disgustingly handsome. Behind him, the door opened and a woman no older than Chardonnay walked in. Was that his girlfriend? The DJ began to play Happy Birthday by Stevie Wonder as the woman handed him a bottle of Don Julio 1942 Tequila. Eva shook her head, staring at Chardonnay.

Grabbing her hand, Eva muttered whilst she dragged Chardonnay to an empty sofa, "Why are you looking at him like that? Do you even know who that is?"

"I do know who he is."

"I'm guessing J1 told you."

"Yeah he did so what's your problem?" hissed Chardonnay, folding her arms whilst she sat down.

Eva shifted uncomfortably. She glanced behind at everyone crowding around Jsplash at the entrance before sitting down next to Chardonnay.

"Chardonnay," Eva began, "most of the boys in here, including J1 and Jsplash they're hoodcelebs... they're roadmen."