28 - Throw in the towel

Saturday 9th July, 10:15
Chardonnay's POV

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped the towel around my body and plodded back to Jasiah's bedroom. I opened the door and dropped my towel in shock at the sight of who was sitting on the bed.

"AHHHH! What the fuck are you doing here?" I yelled.

"I came here to talk to you," grinned Jasiah innocently. "I can't talk to my favourite secretary?"

Hungrily, he continued to stare at my body. However, the thing that concerned me most was how Jasiah was wearing the same chain and tracksuit as he did in my dream.

Bending down, I picked up my towel. "GET OUT! I need to change."

"Are you skunked? This is my bedroom, you're in my room... about get out."

"Are you gonna stop staring and let me change?"

Jasiah jumped off his desk and smirked. "I'll wait outside and grab some clothes from Kehlani for you."

"Is it okay if I keep wearing yours? They're quite comfy."

"Sure, you might as well keep them," he answered as he shut the door.

A few minutes later, I opened the door once I had finished changing. Jasiah pushed straight past me. Awkwardly, we sat across from each other and stared.

"You know you're making this very awkward," I sighed. "I thought you said you wanted to talk to me?"

"I'm making this awkward?" asked Jasiah. "Who dropped their towel? You or me?" 

"I did but-"

"Very unprofessional if you ask me."

"The thing is nobody asked you. Secondly, who was the one who couldn't keep their eyes off me?" I retorted. "So who is the unprofessional one here?"

We stared at each other again for some time in silence. I know for a fact he was burning.

Folding his arms, Jasiah explained, "Well while you were sleeping like a dickhead, I spoke to Katana and my sister. They also got Eva to send a video of your unorthodox interrogation of Anna..."

"And? What about it?" I asked with a hopeful voice.

"Seems like you weren't working for ZK or 19th but my watch was still found in your bag."

"Huh? I didn't steal your watch though."

"It doesn't change the fact that everyone on social media knows my watch was in your possession on my birthday."

Glaring at Jasiah, I stood up from the bed. "For the last time, I didn't steal your watch."

I dug my hands into the pockets of my shorts as I scrutinised his face. His dark eyes almost looked bottomless with frustration and hints of pity.

"Are you going to stop staring?" he said, mimicking my voice.

Rolling my eyes, I continued, "You're the same person that held a gun to my head."

"What's your point? You're still alive, aren't you?"

My lips parted. The way he spoke so nonchalantly was frightening. I began to pace in front of him as I collected my thoughts.

"I know I'm alive. You didn't pull the trigger so deep down you know I'm innocent," I answered.

"To be honest I wouldn't have pulled the trigger in the end anyway... I couldn't have, even if I wanted to."