29 - Take me to church

Saturday 9th July, 13:50
Jasiah's POV

Driving back to GPK, I sped past the red traffic lights by Sainsbury's. I had to leave Grimz and Jayda early because Katana called me. I can't believe I didn't know they were dating this whole time.

Katana said one of the youngers saw a tinted car with no number plate leave the estate. If my suspicions are correct, hopefully there is someone in the car whose back needs to be stabbed again.

Even if ZK isnt there, an opp is an opp and I'm not going to waste an opportunity to get a 19th boy down. It was foolishness to be spilling blood in broad daylight but I was desperate. My reputation has been on the line recently. And 19th sending for me and GPK on Snapchat wasn't helping me maintain my usual level-headed rationale.

I parked my car in front of my house and practically flew out of my car with a bally rolled up as a hat on my head. Briskly walking down the lane, I saw blue lights bounce off the corner shop windows. There were feds here already? Panicking, I broke into jog and and then I spotted an ambulance. And paramedics. And a couple of people gathered around. What were they staring at?

Anxiously, I remove my bally off my head and walked over.

I look at the still body. Fuck. Out of all people.

"Chardonnay?" I whisper.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Sunday 10th July, 12:29
Chardonnay's POV

I opened my eyes and immediately felt my head throb with pain. Cradling my head, I noticed the ceiling was unfamiliar. It's not my bedroom ceiling.

"You're finally awake again. That medication they gave you must be strong."

I raise my head up slightly and see Jasiah looking at me, eyes filled with concern. I looked around the room. I was in a hospital room.

"What happened?" I asked, fully sitting up.

"They said you got hit by a car and you have a mild concussion with Amelia so they brought you to North Middlesex Hospital."

"Who's Amelia?"

"They said you might have problems with your memories and they called it Amelia or suttin."

"It's not Amelia, it's called amnesia. You'd make an amazing doctor."

"I am an amazing doctor. I'm already prescribing all the drugs in ends," grinned Jasiah.

Rolling my eyes, I glanced through the windows. The morning sky was grey and cloudy.

Jasiah crossed his arms. "So what... do you remember who I am?"

"Yeah, you're a dickhead... but on a serious note, I don't remember being run over. All I remember is walking home. Did I really get hit by a car?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

"I wish I could remember," I sighed.

I know I left Kehlani's house and I was walking down the road towards my house but after that, everything gets hazy in my memory.

"I know you hate working for me but I didn't think you'd try kill yourself, like damn."

I glared at Jasiah. "You're bare funny."

"I know I am," smirked Jasiah as he got up out of his chair, "but I'll see you later in the week, you don't need to come to work tomorrow."

"You need to help me leave here. Now."

"What? They said they'll discharge you in a couple of days. They need to do more tests."

I removed the blankets covering me. "I want to go home, I'm awake."

"Well I'm tryna bop to church so I can't take you home."

"It's Sunday already? Alright, just take me with you."

"They're probably gonna bring feds to launch an investigation as to why you got run over. So you need to stay," explained Jasiah as he held my hand, in attempt to console me.

I snatched my hand away. "Since when were you a law abiding citizen Jsplash?"

Jasiah exhaled deeply, clenching and unclenching his fist. Kissing his teeth, he glared at me as he cursed under his breath.

"Hurry up and shower cah you smell," ordered Jasiah, "we have to leave in 20 minutes before the nurses do their rounds and come here to get you."

Ignoring his comment, I practically skipped to the shower and washed myself. Fifteen minutes later, I stepped out of the bathroom with my old clothes back on and out of the hospital gown.

"You decided not to drop your towel today yeah," smirked Jasiah.

"That was an accident last time but I looked kinda cute in that hospital gown," I said as we walked out of my room.

"Nah, you were looking like a mess still," yawned Jasiah. "Oh and make sure you call the hospital after church though and tell them you tripped into the road so they can drop the investigation."

Eventually, we left the main hospital and called for a taxi to Stratford, which was where Jasiah's church was.

- Let go and let God

Jasiah really is a menace to society, how can he say to Chardonnay that she looked like a mess? Anyway, let's find out what happens on Monday in the next chapter. Don't forget to vote - Jaymunni